• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Panchakacham

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

samgeeth

Dear fellow members,

This is a real request. After many years, I now need to wear a "veshti" the way that's needed for a function, ie in panchakacham style, and try as I might....

Could someone kindly provide instructions, would be ever so grateful.

Thanks & regards.
V-gotram

let me try.
first you have to take 8 muzam veshti and spread it fully
hold the veshti behind your back and leave more than half to your left. then encircle your tummy and tuck the veshti at the waist leaving the two ends free like wings.
now take the right wing and fold the edge near the waist like visiri and continue to fold the broad end similarly and tuck the madippu in the nabi area.
repeat same for the left wing and tuck the visiri at the back.
tada you have panja kacham!!
hope i am right!

NAVY EEWARAN, u have explained in a simple way, thanks. if possible , pl. explain with diagram OR sketch, thanx in adv.,

dear ammanji,
word did not help
so imagine a rectangle with R,L,RB and LB as 4 sides
r right l lft rb is right bottom etc,
L L1 R1 R

U
LB RB
U= you standing in the middle of veshti
now hold with your hands LI An R1 as if u have wings
bring L1 to right of navel and tuck . now take R1 an tuck over the veshti to the left of navel. now two ends are hanging from your stomach. now fold from R1 to R an R to RB by keeping 4-5 inch folds.then tuck the resultant in the nabi area.
repeat for L1 to L an L LB an take it between your legs and tuck in the back Voila u r ready (i hope)

Last edited:
thank you Mr.Eswaran, i think i have troubled u , sorry. once again i thank u for your detailed explanation.

Dear Mr Eswaran,

Quite remiss of me, this belated reply. Many thanks indeed and I'll give this a shot. It looks as if the first step is a knot near the waist/navel and from then on it escalates rapidly.There is also a word here which is alien to me but...

Kind rgds,
V-gotram

panchakacham

my mom used to say if you want to appear colorful you can use a six muzham saree as a panchakacham , as long as it is new . is this true? if allowed, then what is the best technique to get the best out of it ?

I feel that the best help that we could get for "Panchakacham" mode of wearing dothi is from our Priest in our house "Vadhyar". I learnt the art from our family "Vadhyar" only. As for using six muzham saree, I think your Mother is right, you will look colourful !. Ofcourse, in western Karnataka, Andhra and Maharashtra, brahmins in the Temple use red. orange, blue or yellow coloured Silk material for Panche. Which they consider "Madi".

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

my mom used to say if you want to appear colorful you can use a six muzham saree as a panchakacham , as long as it is new . is this true? if allowed, then what is the best technique to get the best out of it ?

why are you looking for sarees, now coloured vestis are available with simple designes

raadehy krishnaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back