• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Attack on children is crime agains humanity: 500 children held hostage in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Taliban has taken over Pakistan..What are these rogues up to?.... ,Massacre of innocent children is a crime against humanity..Let us condemn this cruel barbarity! Let us pray for the safe release of the balance children!

TTP militants storm Peshawar school, 126 killed

PESHAWAR: Taliban militants have entered an army-run school on Warsak road, taking students and teachers hostage.

• Five to six terrorists entered the Army Public School
  • 126 killed, including at least 84 children; scores injured
  • Army chief en route to Peshawar
  • Operation enters sixth hour; 15 blasts reported

4:13 pm - Battle against terrorists will continue: PM Nawaz

While speaking to media representatives after his arrival in Peshawar, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif says that the Pakistan Army launched the Zarb-i-Azb operation and its blowback was being felt now.
"I feel that until and unless this country is cleansed from terrorism, this war and effort will not stop, no one should be doubtful of this. We have also spoken to Afghanistan about this and we will fight terrorism together."
"Such attacks are expected in the wake of a war and the country should not lose its strength," he says.

TTP militants storm Peshawar school, 126 killed - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Last edited:
The militants say they targeted the school because the army targets their families and they "want them to feel our pain".

460541208-1-762x428.jpg

Please read more from here

Pakistan Taliban Kill 126 In School Raid

"I strongly condemn this barbaric attack on our children. These are all our children, who have been murdered today. This is a most cowardly act by people who don't believe in humanity or Islam. My prayers and condolences are with the families of the children and teachers, and the brave survivours of this dastardly attack. I urge the Pakistani government and international community, to take all possible steps to protect the children and the schools. Children are the first casualty of violence and war. It is time we all come together put a stop to this violence." Kailash satyarthi

Source:Kailash satyavathi post

தீவிரவாதம் எங்கே நடந்தாலும் ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள முடியாது!!

கண்ணீர் அஞ்சலி ...

10253751_740391966056192_4153259022949781075_n.jpg

Source:Astika Ashreen

A 2 minute silence observed in all schools today..A good initiative by Modi Government..Will Pakistan dismantle safe havens of terror as a learning of this child slaughter?

What is thestrength of the Pakistani Taliban that is wreaking havoc inthe hinterland..A candid analysis in Washington times:
The Pakistani Taliban emerged around 2007as a loose coalition of militant factions in Pakistan's restive border areas.It is an indigenous movement that largely targets the machinery of the stateand Pakistani citizens, and wants to impose shariah law on the country.Defeating the group, though, has proved bewilderingly difficult. Here are somereasons why.
Complex geopolitics
The Pakistani Taliban's insurgency takesplace in a complex geopolitical landscape. The group's top warlords swear fealty to Mohammad Omar,the totemic leader of the Afghan Taliban, an institution that is still linkedto elements of the Pakistani military and state and whose leadership stillfinds sanctuary across the border in Pakistan.
The group draws its support in largelyPashtun areas neglected by both the Pakistani and the Afghan state. Religiousseminaries, known as madrassas — many set up with fundingfrom countries such as Saudi Arabia — helped incubate the brand ofpuritanical fanaticism that defines the Taliban movement.
But since the 2001 U.S.-backed war inAfghanistan, which ousted the Afghan Taliban government, the militants havebeen forced into retreat and guerrilla war. Their designs on taking power lookchecked, but their insurgency is resilient. Terror attacks, suicide bombings and destabilizing strikes such asthis school massacre have become the Taliban's signature in both countries.
"The militants know they won't be ableto strike at the heart of the military. They don't have the capacity. So theyare going for soft targets," Pakistani security analyst Talat Masood,referring to the Pakistani Taliban, saidin an interview with the news agency Agence France-Presse.
As Kabul fumes over the continued presenceof Omar and his allies in Pakistan, the Pakistanis have pointed the finger atthe supposedhaven given to Pakistani militants by the Afghans. The transfer of a top PakistaniTaliban commander from U.S. detention in Afghanistan to Pakistaniauthorities last week was seen as a positive sign for future cooperationbetween Kabul and Islamabad.
Political waffling and appeasement
Pakistan's politicians have in the pastbeen reluctant to fully confront the Taliban menace. After coming topower in the summer of 2013, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and otherkey politicians spent months attempting a hatch a peaceprocess with the Pakistani Taliban. There was even a cessation inU.S. drone strikes against the militants — attacks that hadbeen quietly enabled by the Pakistani military and state, yet denounced bymany politicians in public.
Not all of Pakistani public opinion isagainst the militants, with a greater majority suspiciousof the United States and neighboring India. Fiery opposition figuressuch as the former cricketer Imran Khan have spent far more effort and timecampaigning against Sharif's government and denouncing the perfidy of outsideforces than the terroristgroups in Pakistan's midst.
But the proposed talks fell through, inpart because of thecontinued violence and terror waged by the Pakistani Taliban. Now,as a nation mourns and reacts to a new dark chapter in its troubled history,hopefully a more durable consensus will emerge over what's to be done about theTaliban and the political forces that allow it to flourish.
It's likely that the military campaignagainst the militants will intensify. And that's saying quite a lot: OperationZarb-i-Azb ("the Prophet's sword") has already displacednearly a million people in Pakistan's tribal areas and laidwaste to whole towns.
Conspiracy mongering and denial
It doesn't help that some withinPakistan's intelligentsia and elites still try to distract from the rootproblems and peddle delusional ideas about the involvement of foreignactors. Even as the nation reacted in horror to the school massacre, the sametired conspiracy theories got trotted out. The attack, one Pakistani analyst said,was the product of the collusion of Afghan and Indian intelligence services.
Another prominent newscaster tweeted darklythat the date of the attack was no coincidence.
It's worth unpacking that tweet: Dec. 16,1971, is the day the Pakistani military signed the "Instrument ofSurrender" to India, after a brief war in which Indian forces liberatedwhat was then East Pakistan and now the independent republic ofBangladesh. A campaign ofgenocide unleashed by the Pakistani army had seen hundreds ofthousands — if not millions — slaughtered and had sentmillions of refugees across the border into India.
That, more than four decades later, some inPakistan think India's intervention was "unprovoked" is a chillinginsight into the denial among a coterie of Pakistani nationalists.
There is also no evidence that India'ssecurity apparatus has abetted the Pakistani Taliban, an organizationthat has no love for the Hindu-majority state. But the proliferation ofthese conspiracy theories, compounded by blustering over the combined plotsof the CIA and the Israeli spy agency Mossad,is now commonplace in Pakistan. And it's a major impediment to confrontinga history of tolerating and encouraging regional militancy, for which onlythe Pakistani state is to blame.
The same knee-jerk hostility was on viewearlier this year when Yousafzai was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Islamistsand some hard-line Pakistani nationalists denouncedthe young education advocate as a stooge of foreign interests.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/12/16/why-the-pakistani-talibans-war-on-children-keeps-on-going/?hpid=z2

hi

i have sympathy with kids....same time....pakistan has to learn....EACH AND EVERY ACTION ...THERE IS AN OPPOSITE REACTION....

வினை விதைத்தவன்....வினை அறுப்பான்...வலி எல்லோருக்கும் ஒன்று தான்... ஆனால் வந்தால் தான்

தெரியும்.....but im always against pain against human being....PAKISTAN NEVER LEARNS...

Last edited:
1. Tavleen singh has tweeted that none of the pakistani panelists participating in tv shows have blamed pak govt or pak army for supporting taliban; according to them, taliban, pak army and pak govt are independent and act independently.
2. Pak has not banned taliban yet. India has banned Islamic State.
3. This is more serious; some appealed to the terrorists - these are not american or indian children; they are children of pakistan; don't harm them.

All countries, in their own interest, must take all actions and influences into account and prepare themselves for such dastardly attacks.

Modi condemns

NEW DELHI: Hours after the massacre of school children in Peshawar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi talked to his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday night and condemned the attack in strongest possible terms.

Modi said the savage attack on innocent children, "who are the epitome of finest human values in a temple of learning, is not only an attack against Pakistan but against humanity". "India stands firmly with Pakistan in the fight against terror. We are ready to provide all assistance in this hour of grief," Modi told Sharif.

Taliban strike an attack on humanity, PM Modi tells Nawaz Sharif - The Times of India
attack on attack

’செருப்புக்குத் தோல் வேண்டியே கொல்வாரோ ச

’செருப்புக்குத் தோல் வேண்டியே கொல்வாரோ செல்வக் குழந்தைதனை?’ என்று பாரதியார் கேட்கிறார்.

Bharathi%20baskar.jpg

டிசம்பர் 16... இது என்ன அப்படி ஒரு கருப்பு தினம்? இரண்டு ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன், இதே தேதியில்தான் நிர்பயாவுக்கு அந்த பயங்கரம் நேர்ந்தது. அதேபோல், தற்போது 2014 விடை பெறும் இந்த நேரத்தில், இந்த டிசம்பர் 16ஆம் தேதி, பாகிஸ்தான் பெஷாவரில் ஒரு பள்ளிக்கூடத்தில் வெறியாட்டம் போட்ட தீவிரவாதிகள் 132 குழந்தைகள் உள்பட 148 பேரை கொன்று தள்ளியிருக்கிறார்கள். குழந்தைகளின் கண் முன்னே ஓர் ஆசிரியரை உயிரோடு எரித்திருக்கிறார்கள்.

காலை பத்து மணி. பெஷாவர் ராணுவ பள்ளி. வகுப்புகளில் பாடங்கள் நடந்து கொண்டிருந்த நேரம். விளையாட்டு வகுப்புகளுக்காக சில பிள்ளைகள் வெளியே வந்திருக்கலாம். அன்று பூத்த மலர்கள் போல் வகுப்புகள் எல்லாம் புன்னகை முகங்களால் ஒளிர்ந்திருக்கலாம். ஆறு பேர், பின் சுவர் ஏறி குதிக்கிறார்கள். அத்தனை பேரும் ராணுவ உடைகளில் இருக்கிறார்கள். பள்ளி சேவகர் முதசர் அவான் அவர்களை பார்க்கிறார். முதலில் ஏதோ பள்ளி மாணவர்களுக்கான பயிற்சி என்றுதான் அவர் நினைக்கிறார். சந்தேகம் வந்து, அவர் சத்தம் போடுவதற்குள் ஆறு கயவர்களும் வகுப்பு வகுப்பாக நுழைகிறார்கள். அதற்குப் பின், அங்கே காணக்கிடைத்தது எல்லாம் பிணங்கள், ரத்தம், சிதறிய உறுப்புகள் மட்டுமே...

‘‘காலையில் பள்ளிச் சீருடை போட்டு அனுப்பிய மகன், மாலையில் சவப்பெட்டியில் வந்திருக்கிறானே’’ என்று தாகிர் அலி எனும் தந்தை கதறி அழுகிறார்.

இந்த வெறுப்பின் ஊற்றுக்கண் எது? இதே வெறுப்புத்தான், சில வருடங்கள் முன்பு மலாலாவை சுட்டது. சமீபத்தில் நோபல் பரிசு வாங்கிய ஏற்பு உரையில், தன்னை சுட்டவனின் பெண் குழந்தைக்கும் சேர்த்தே, தான் பேசியதாய் மலாலா சொன்னாள். 2004ல் ரஷ்ய பெஸ்லான் பள்ளியில் குழந்தைகள் பிணை கைதிகளாய்ப் பிடிக்கப்பட்டு 385 பேர் சுடப்பட்டனர். நைஜீரியா, ஏமன், ஆப்கானிஸ்தான் என்று தேடித்தேடி பள்ளி குழந்தைகளை தீவிரவாதிகள் குறி வைக்கின்றனர். ‘பள்ளிகல்வி என்பது மேற்கு நாடுகளின் கலாசார சதி’ என்ற கருத்தாக்கமும் இதன் பின்னே உள்ளது. பெஷாவர் பள்ளி சம்பவத்தின் பின்னால் இருப்பது, பாகிஸ்தான் ராணுவத்தின் தீவிரவாதத்துக்கு எதிரான நடவடிக்கைகள். குறிப்பாக வடக்கு வாசிர்ஸ்தான் பகுதியில். ‘‘ஆனாலும் கூட இப்படியா... குழந்தைகளையா?’’ என்று நாம் உறைந்து போகிறோமே? இந்த அதிர்ச்சியைத்தானே தீவிரவாதம் விரும்புகிறது.

’செருப்புக்குத் தோல் வேண்டியே கொல்வாரோ செல்வக் குழந்தைதனை?’ என்று பாரதியார் கேட்கிறார். தங்கள் குழுவின் பெயரை உரத்து உலகம் உச்சரிக்க, 132 குழந்தைகளை ரத்தச் சகதியில் தேய்த்திருக்கிறது இந்த தீவிரவாத அமைப்பு. அடிப்படை வாதத்தின் கோர முகம் இது. தீவிரவாத அமைப்புகள், எதிர்காலத்தின் மீது நம்பிக்கை இல்லாதது. எனவேதான் அவை குழந்தைகளைக் கொல்கின்றன. குழந்தைகளின் கைகளில் ஆயுதங்களைக் கொடுக்கின்றன. தம் மக்களைக் காப்பாற்ற, தம் கலாச்சாரத்தை மீட்டெடுக்க, தாங்கள் ஆயுதம் எடுத்ததாக அவை பறைசாற்றுகின்றன. பிறகு தமக்கு எதிரானவர்கள் என அவை நம்பும் எல்லோரையும் கொல்ல ஆரம்பிக்கின்றன. எந்த மக்களை அது காப்பாற்றப் போவதாக கிளம்பியதோ, அந்த மக்களையே அது பெருமளவில் கொன்றழிக்கிறது. பெண்களும், குழந்தைகளும் கொல்லப்படும்போது கிடைக்கும் அதிகபட்ச ஊடக வெளிச்சத்துக்காக அவர்களை அதிகம் கொல்கிறது.

திரும்பத் திரும்ப நடந்தேறும் இந்த நாடகத்தில் தம் பிஞ்சுகளை இழந்து நிற்கும் பாகிஸ்தான் அம்மாக்களை கண்ணீருடன் நினைக்கிறேன். அன்னையின் அடி வயிற்று ஓலம் வலி நிறைந்தது. ஆண்டுகள் எத்தனை ஆனாலும் வற்றாமல் கொளுந்தெரியும் அக்னி அவர்களின் சோகம். இனி ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் இரவுகளில் சீருடையோடும், பள்ளிக்கூட புத்தகப் பையோடும் அவர்களின் குழந்தைகள் அவர்களின் கனவுகளில் வருவார்கள். ‘அம்மா... பசிக்கிறது’ என்பார்கள்; கண்ணீரோடு பதறி பதறி விழிக்கும் இரவுகள்தான் இனி அந்த அம்மாக்களின் எஞ்சிய வாழ்க்கையின் விதி.

தீவிரவாதத்தை எப்போதும் மறைமுகமாக ஆதரித்தே வரும் பாகிஸ்தானும், அதன் உளவு அமைப்புகளும் இனியாவது தெரிந்து கொள்ளுமா, வன்முறை என்பது எப்போதுமே இருபுறமும் சுடர் தீட்டிய கத்தி என்பதை...

இறந்து சிதறிய குழந்தைகளில் எத்தனை பேர் மருத்துவர்கள், ஆசிரியர்கள், நிர்வாகிகள், அறிவியல் மேதைகள், இசைக் கலைஞர்கள்... அவர்களின் பெற்றோரின் கனவுகள் எல்லாம் கனிந்து வரும் வேளையில், பிள்ளைகளின் கல்லறைகளைப் பார்த்து நட்சத்திரங்கள் கண் சிமிட்டுகின்றன. அன்புக் குழந்தைகளே, போய் வாருங்கள்! துப்பாக்கித் தோட்டாக்களின் ஓலமில்லாது, பிரார்த்தனை கீதங்களும் சிரிப்பொலியும் மட்டுமே நாளைய உலகில் பள்ளிக் கூடங்களில் ஒலிக்க எங்களை வாழ்த்துங்கள்!

-பாரதி பாஸ்கர்

?????????????? ???? ????????, ???????? ????? ???????????!

'Does Islam allow this?' Peshawar massacre: a father's story

'Does Islam allow this?' Peshawar massacre: a father's story

It was the most difficult day of my career.

I was sitting in a function when someone was calling from my home number. I had to cut three times, but the call was coming constantly. When I received the call, I was told that Daniyal's, my son’s school has been attacked.

I remained silent and didn't know what to say in reply as, I knew about the outcome of such attacks on schools.
I managed to control my emotions and started praying for safety of all the children including my two sons. I was calling their driver but could not trace him.

I got worried and panicked. Left for the school but was constantly calling the driver. After two hours of efforts I finally spoke to him. He seemed nervous and asked me to immediately arrive there and search the two kids.
I don't know how did I get this strength as sometimes I was going to collapse, I would console myself. Then I had to receive phone calls from home, family members and friends, all worried about the children and their safety.

The driver then managed to take them through another route and was calling me to collect them. Like many other parents, I stuck in the traffic and spent five hours in the car.
They finally arrived before the evening. I have heard many tragic stories from war victims but when today they started recalling the horrible story and their experience in the school under siege, I had no courage to listen to them.

I left them at home and went to the hospital, and there I felt the pain as if all of them were my children. There I was not alone to cry at their bodies.

Its 2:15am now, and I just returned from the Lady Reading Hospital and CMH Peshawar where most of the victims of the APS (Army Public School) were shifted.

I don't have the courage to explain the painful scenes of how parents, sisters and relatives of these innocent school children were crying with their bullet-riddled bodies there.

Many people didn't have family members and relatives among the victims, but it seemed as if every one of them had lost a close family member. None of them could control their emotions. Does Islam really allow this, I asked myself.

17_shershah_fb_270x350--%28None%29_MED.jpg

I don't know how I should say that my best friend Tufail a Khan lost his dearest elder son Sher Shah in today's bloodiest attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar. It's a huge loss for him and us.

'Does Islam allow this?' Peshawar massacre: a father's story - Channel 4 News

Last edited:
Indian schools, lawmakers observe silence over Peshawar massacre

Indian schools, lawmakers observe silence over Peshawar massacre

NEW DELHI: Indian lawmakers and schools observed a two-minute silence over the massacre in Peshawar that claimed 141 lives on Tuesday, DawnNews relayed footage from Indian news televisions as showing.
Apart from the two-minute silence, the schools also held special prayers to commemorate the victims of the attack.

The show of solidarity comes as Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached out to Pakistan in a telephone conversation last night with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

India's NDTV said Modi had appealed to all Indian schools to hold a two-minute silence as a mark of solidarity with the victims in Peshawar.

The Indian premier joined parliamentarians today as they held the special prayers for the victims of Tuesday’s attack.

Modi said he strongly condemned the "cowardly” attack by Taliban militants on the school and branded it “a senseless act of unspeakable brutality”. He added that India shared Pakistan's pain.

“Strongly condemn the cowardly terrorist attack at a school in Peshawar,” Modi had stated in a tweet on Tuesday.

Indian schools, lawmakers observe silence over Peshawar massacre - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

This is what Malala has to say about the Pakistan school attack

This is what Malala has to say about the Pakistan school attack

Malala Yousafzai, the Nobel Peace Prize winner and 17-year-old who was shot at by the Taliban after campaigning for female education, has strongly condemned a massacre by the militant group that has left almost 100 schoolchildren dead in Peshawar.

Here’s what she said:
I am heartbroken by this senseless and cold-blooded act of terror in Peshawar that is unfolding before us.

Innocent children in their school have no place in horror such as this. I condemn these atrocious and cowardly acts and stand united with the government and armed forces of Pakistan whose efforts so far to address this horrific event are commendable.

I, along with millions of others around the world, mourn these children, my brothers and sisters - but we will never be defeated.

• Malala Yousafzai

http://i100.independent.co.uk/artic...-about-the-pakistan-school-attack--eJMcJ6N8te

Militants in pakistan have mowed down children citing belief in their religion as their fundamental reason for their act.

how can the same religion ,system of beliefs provide solace to the victims families.

a poem of sant tukaram translated by Arundhathi subramaniam is apt for quoting

For me God is dead

let him be for those who need him

Ishall speak of him no more

Ishall not name him again

we have slain each other

in His praise ,I cursed Him

Lord ,what an endless affair

says Tuka, I have squandered my whole life after him

Now I would like to stay still'

This is courtesy Mint column by Salil Tripathi, 18th oct 2014

Hang 3,000 terrorists in 48 hours: Pak army chief to Sharif

Hang 3,000 terrorists in 48 hours: Pak army chief to Sharif

From a Twitter account purported to be of Pakistan Army chief, Gen Raheel Sharif tweeted on Wednesday, "Asked PM Nawaz Sharif to hang all terrorists. More than 3,000 terrorists should be hanged in next 48 hours." A day later, Lashkar-e-Taiba's commander Zaki-ur Rahman Lakhvi was out on bail.

Hang 3,000 terrorists in 48 hours: Pak army chief to Sharif - The Times of India

The Killings of Innocent Children

The Killings of Innocent Children

Col Yogesh Sharma

"At the time of the Bannu Qurayza massacre, Prophet Mohammed ordered only those children be killed whose pubic hairs have appeared,” said Umar Khurasani, spokesperson for the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan. Bannu Qurayza was a Jewish tribe that lived in present day Medina. Islamic history texts confirm 800 men and boys and one woman of the Qurayza tribe were beheaded. "Killing of children and women is according to the teachings of Prophet Mohammed; those who are objecting should study Sahih al-Bukhari," Khurasani said. Khurasani insisted the TTP followed what he called sunnat, or actions of Prophet Mohammed during wars.. He said those who are saying the Peshawar attack was un-Islamic should read Sahih al-Bukhari 5th Volume, Hadith. No. 138"

TP spokesperson Umar Khurasani said Wednesday Peshawar killing of 132 kids in line with Islamic teachings.Washane Bugti/Facebook

The Islamic terrorist outfit that carried out the bloodiest school massacre in world history Wednesday defended its action as being in line with what Prophet Mohammed, who Muslims believe was the last messenger of God, did with his enemies 1400 years ago. “At the time of the Bannu Qurayza massacre, Prophet Mohammed ordered only those children be killed whose pubic hairs have appeared,” said Umar Khurasani, spokesperson for the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan. Bannu Qurayza was a Jewish tribe that lived in present day Medina. Islamic history texts confirm 800 men and boys and one woman of the Qurayza tribe were beheaded. "Killing of children and women is according to the teachings of Prophet Mohammed; those who are objecting should study Sahih al-Bukhari," Khurasani said. Khurasani insisted the TTP followed what he called sunnat, or actions of Prophet Mohammed during wars.. He said those who are saying the Peshawar attack was un-Islamic should read Sahih al-Bukhari 5th Volume, Hadith. No. 138. Bukhari is considered to be one of the most authentic books on what Prophet Mohammed said and did during his lifetime. The TTP statement coincided with the television interview of Maulana Abdul Aziz, chief cleric at the Lal Mosque in Islamabad, who flatly refused to condemn the Peshawar attack during a television talk. But he did acknowledge the jihadists were prepared by Islamabad for jihad in Kashmir.

Many Pakistanis also noted with concern that none of the Arab countries uttered a single word of condemnation against the Peshawar attacks. Islam was first transported to what is now Pakistan and India by Arab marauders. “Pakistan buried 132 children. It failed a generation. The world mourns these Angels, but am waiting for that one 'leader' with a conscience to ask where are statements, vigils, condolences from the bloody Arabs!?” said Pakistani journalist Reema Abbasi, who authored Historic temples in Pakistan — a call to conscience. Leaders in India, world’s largest democracy, which faces terror attacks from Pakistan on almost a daily basis in Kashmir, condemned the terror attack. “My heart goes out to everyone who lost their loved ones today. We share their pain offer our deepest condolences,” Indian premier Narendra Modi tweeted. India's home minister Rajnath Singh tweeted, “My heart goes out to the families of those children who got killed by the terrorists in Peshawar. I express my condolences to those families.” Likewise, Indian government spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin tweeted, “Our hearts go out to the grief stricken families of the innocent children killed injured in this barbaric attack in Peshawar.” However, since Pakistan is a roguish state in nature that nurtures global jihadists, a man with a $10 million bounty on his head and who works closely with Pakistan’s infamous Inter-Services Intelligence, Hafiz Saeed Ahmed, termed the attack a conspiracy of the Indian government. "If India can send troops to Afghanistan to help the US, then Mujahideen have every right to go to Kashmir and help their brethren. Kashmiris are clamoring for help and it is our duty to respond to their call," Saeed was cited as saying in a report in the First Post. Wednesday Pakistan’s former coup leader India-born Gen Pervez Musharraf, in an interview with CNN, also blamed India along with Afghanistan for the terror attack. To the chagrin of many intellectuals in India and Pakistan, Musharraf, who started the Kargil war with India in 1999, was invited for delivering talks in India during the previous Congress government.

Meanwhile, Husain Haqqani, former Pakistani envoy to the U.S., who almost got killed by the I.S.I. for allegedly issuing visas to Americans who tracked down bin Laden next door to Pakistan's West Point, in an article in The Indian Express expressed hoped that the Pakistan premier spy service and the military which he called "deep establishment" would rethink their policy and move in a new direction. He said the Inter-Services Intelligence might feel reassured by commitments from the Haqqani network, Mullah Omar’s Afghan Taliban and Lashkar-e-Toiba/ Jamaat-ud-Dawa to not conduct militant operations inside Pakistan. "But there is no guarantee that these instruments of regional influence would not, in turn, support groups such as Sipah-e-Sahaba, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and the Pakistani Taliban," Haqqani said.

Peshawar killing consistent with Prophet Mohammed's teaching: Pakistan Taliban : Peshawar Massacre, News - India Today

From Fwded Mail

In the wake of the terror attack on the Army Public School in Peshwar, Pakistan, the home ministry has issued the following advisory to all educational institutions.

The Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) mandated for schools include...

-- All schools to display names and numbers of nearest police station prominently.

-- Good lighting in the school.

-- Build concrete boundary walls with at least three gates.

Officials have said that some schools would be given special instructions separately and they would be asked to coordinate with local police and administration for security drills.

According to them, a few top schools in Delhi, Mumbai and some residential schools in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh are likely to be given special security guidelines.

In the bloodiest terror attack in Pakistan in years, at least 148 people, mostly children, were killed by heavily-armed Taliban suicide bombers who stormed an Army-run school in Peshawar and took several hostages.

Concrete walls, three gates, good lighting... MHA's advisory for schools after Peshawar attack

50% of Pakistan supports terror, the remaining 50% terrified of terror keeps silent..Can we expect action from them!

B5HaF8zCcAEkRtL.jpg

Last edited:
a poem of sant tukaram translated by Arundhathi subramaniam is apt for quoting

For me God is dead

let him be for those who need him

Ishall speak of him no more

Ishall not name him again

we have slain each other

in His praise ,I cursed Him

Lord ,what an endless affair

says Tuka, I have squandered my whole life after him

Now I would like to stay still'

What has this got to do with the current situation?

This poem is not about blaming or hating God.

Its talks about the Ultimate State of Realization where God is "Dead" becos there is no more Bhakta and no more God.

Therefore one does not speak of God anymore..the Bhakta slayed God and God too slayed the Bhakta for both have become One.

So therefore God remains only for those who have not become one with Him.

It is an endless affair becos its take more than a life time to reach this state and finally one just wants to be still...for one has reached.

Hillary Clinton once said: "You can not keep snakes in your backyard and expect them to bite only your neighbours". Sounds true. I do not remember whether this was retraced or tailored to please Pakistan later as has been the wont of the US leaders. Such ghastly massacres have brought out world wide condemnation. In this case they are all young children. Worse are the parents of the children. But leaders of Pakistan comment according to their position or situation. The Army chief there had said "hang all the terrorists". Has not somebody changed his tune?Mushraff said India is responsible. You cannot expect from a nation which is born of hatred, a saner response. Here the hate consumes the hater as well as the hated. I think there is no solace from the religious tenet. God reincarnated 9 times here to defeat the evil as in the great Mahabharat. Nevertheless, we do not talk of war or "jihad". We generally do not take a stand that we have authority to kill anybody - innocent or otherwise. It is time religious leaders went back to their schools of thoughts and review, moderate or even alter the tenets to take life on the peaceful path to god's domain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back