• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Clarifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the recent swearing ceremony of NDA Govt., apart from PM, some Ministers had taken oath in the name of 'Eashwara'.

Does 'Eashwara' mean Lord Shiva or common terminology being used by Hindus?

In North "Ishwar" is commonly used to mean a Hindu terminology for God...just like how Allah is for Muslims..hence Ishwar Allah Tere Naam.

In Sanskrit Ishwar means Supreme/God/Powerful/Lord/Master.

Ishwara is also sometimes used to denote Lord Shiva becos He is Mahadeva.

Why do you ask? You want to corner some Iyengar??LOL

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

How come you missed yesterday's thread with the same Q?? :becky:

Becos I was having a lack of Data on my Broadband yesterday..turning pages in Forum tends to use up too much data..I wish there was a less data usage format..hence I did not check many pages.

Ishwara means "Supreme being". Even Christian preachers use the word "Parameshwar" for God in their sermons.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear RR ji,

There is also the Pati Parameshwar and Mera Pati Mera Parameshwar!

[video=youtube_share;LJx-BWdtUxM]http://youtu.be/LJx-BWdtUxM[/video]

Renukaji,
So it ends up in an Atma reffered to as Paramathma(Ishwar).
Alwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back