• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ambitious Teen Earns Unbelievable 10.03 GPA By Ellen's Good News | The Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

High school senior Dhara Patel was always a good student, but she'll graduate from Plant City High School with an incredible academic accomplishment. Patel has earned a 10.03 GPA, the highest in Hillsborough County, Florida -- and perhaps anywhere else.
To reach such a high grade point average, Dhara took 17 AP classes overall, and spent nights, weekends and summers taking classes at Hillsborough Community College. She studied all different subjects, including statistics, history, psychology, calculus and nutrition. She earned her Associate's degree long before she's set to receive her high school diploma on June 4.

Dhara isn't just ambitious in her studies. She's also involved in at least seven clubs, and holds leadership roles in half of them. She's the President of the Future Business Leaders of America and sits on the executive board of Student Government.
Her favorite non-academic activity is Best Buddies, a non-profit program that helps handicapped and mentally impaired children.
She insists that she still found time to go out and be social. "I didn't want academics to be the only focus," she says. Dhara will attend the University of Florida in the fall to study microbiology. Unsurprisingly, she received a full scholarship that will cover her tuition costs.
"There were times I wanted to give up, but I figured, I did it for a reason so I might as well stick through it," she continues. "I'm really happy I did."
Dhara tells us that the real secret to her success is dedication. "I don't think I'm the smartest person in the world, but I try really hard and I'm willing to study before and after school. I hope that people hear stories like this and wanna go out and do more things like that."
Between graduation and college, Dhara plans to spend the summer relaxing -- though she admits she still might sneak in some volunteer hours at a hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back