Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some suggestions to Forum Admin

I submit the following requests before the Forum Admins.

1. Identify the persons with more than one id and cripple/deactivate
    all his/her ids with immediate effect.

2. Similarly, people who have assumed names of the opposite gender
    shall be forced to declare their true identity.

3. Edit/Delete the contents of some obnoxious/vulgar posts, by doing
    random checking on your own. Besides, please act upon the specific
    complaints of some members in this regard, before things slip out of
    control.

4. I understand persons other than brahmins (by birth) are also actively
    participating in many debates/discussions. My only request to them is
    'please keep away from subjects of dispute and other controversies
    generated, in the larger interests of everybody'.

5. You may if necessary expel any member from the forum. But, as this
    is a very tricky and sensitive issue should not be viewed as a vindictive
    action. The member concerned is to be given an opportunity to explain
    his/her stance further and if willing be allowed to tender apologies. If such
    action of the member is acceptable, the issue may then be treated as closed.

If such member still persists and continues to be adamant or
    if any member continues to act in a reckless and arrogant manner,
    inspite of having been admonished in the past, no mercy need be
    shown. In such circumstances, a poll may be conducted and the
    opinion of other members be solicited. This is only to prevent genuine
    members from leaving the forum, out of frustration, feeling defenceless.

I wish to know the responses of other honourable members of this forum,
    to my suggestions. Thank you.
    Last edited by pannvalan; 03-10-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: correction
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice one Pannvalan-ji.

I am not a brahmin, but I love this place. Also I am severely handicapped because I do not know to read and write Tamil. Am aware this place is specifically for Tamil speaking Brahmins. But I love the people and the culture. I hope there is no objection to participation such as that of mine, from others here.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Happy Hindu,

I could understand about you from your postings and this thread from me was certainly not directed against you. Please forgive me, had I hurt your feelings.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy,

i hope you feel part of this group. personally, i feel, that the only way, for a tamil brahmin identity to continue long term, is to embrace folks who marry into our community.

otherwise, we drive them away our own, into other willingly waiting arms.

i am talking more from a lifestyle culture viewpoint. to me, it is kerala food, old tamil songs and sounds of malaylam tinged tamil among my relatives. also the hindu identity.

there are ofcourse others here, to whom the bonding is on a more metaphysical scale. i do not understand most of it, and do enjoy the bantering tossed about, to the level of my understanding.

troubling to me is the habit of cutting/pasting large pieces of articles on a regular basis.

6. Instead of cut-and-paste, why don't you give the news and express your views, within the guidelines set by this forum (#3).

we had our moderator firefox warn us (above) a couple of days ago against this practice. we do not pay for the cost of the server and the web. atleast we should be modest in our use of disk space.

we have the feature to insert web links here. let us use that. maybe a brief summary and comment would go a long way to uphold the rules, while at the same time, giving others the benefit of our views.

hayy, ofcourse, you have as much right to be here, as me. the guidelines to membership are broad and generous. let us gleefully participate, and ensure that our views are heard with just as much clarity as anyone elses.

pann,

your notes these past days are a welcome breath of fresh air. lots of ideas and responses too. many a new names are also jumping in, which is nice. pann, you have a couple of queries addressed to me. i will answer them in the weekend

thanks pann, happy
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Kunjuppu,

I am really elated on seeing your posting, that too addressed to me, after a very long time. I too strongly detest the widespread practice of this 'cut & paste' of long articles themselves or lengthy excerpts from various ones.

As you have rightly remarked, I have also felt the same way. Members could as well
    insert some brief quotes here and there and append their own viewpoints, in support of or refuting such quotes, by giving proper reasoning.

Thanks and Regards once again.
    Last edited by pannvalan; 08-10-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: mistake correction
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    just letting you guys know, we are working on something similar to what has been suggested and hopefully we should have the same completed soon.

Thank you for the suggestions
    Contact - Donate - Share - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Sri Pannvalan

You have given some useful suggestions. Indeed I had posted in another thread that the members of the forum must be required to reveal their correct id and the address and furnish a proof of identity and address by a hard copy duly self-attested and post it to the address of a designated administrator. This can be simplified by scanning a signed copy and emailing and later if and when there is a chance to visit India the hard copy can be mailed.

On a first look the above suggestion may look very 'Governmental attitude'. But in these days of hacking, highjacking and bombing, a hard copy evidence is the safest form for the admin and the members. It is not known as to what all foul mentods that the human mind is capable of inventing. This suggestion has far reaching and longstanding gain as well in due course of time.

The foremost benefit is that the personal abuse by a member against another will stop. Nobody will ever abuse if such person knows that the people have the source to find out who he/she is. The level of discussion will become much more healthier. Anonymity is dangerous. Anonymity to the common viewer over the internet is alright. But anonymity even to the forum admin is the one that gives the courage to the poster to freely call another member names. A person who has not contributed much like Mr Nacchinarkiniyan could just tick him off. He gathered courage only because he need not show his true identity. Not even respect for age and knowledge was shown to him. A clear case where a "cut, copy, paster" could edge out an "original poster" by sheer personal attack, with no remorse even when the "original poster" said he would not post/ visit again! Ultimately the loss is to the forum and the community. Moreover, the admin might reserve its right to reveal the identity in the open forum if the member continues his offensive posture despite warning. This would be a more deterrent punishment than banning the guy. Banning is Ok, the guy will come in another avatar. But if the guy's identity is revealed as the perpetrator of the offence then he cannot enter the forum again with comfort. Will anyone then use the foul language thereafter?

I am happy Mr Praveen has positively responded to the suggestions.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh no pannvalan-ji, am sorry, i did not mistake you at all. kunjuppu-ji, i do feel part of the tb culture. i like the old music of the 60s and 70s too.

cheers.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Praveen,

I'm happy to know some steps are taken, acting on our members' suggestions and
    a few complaints too.

Dear Anjankumar,

What you have suggested is right, but many may not agree. In such a situation, the best option open is for the forum admins to publicise the true name, email id and contact tel no of the unwanted poster only
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear admins,
    I want to know why there are too many members only less people(Members: 3,806, Active Members: 201as on 15/11/2008) active in this forum? We have to think how to make more people to be active members.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast