• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done Nichayathartham for my eldest son in January 2008 and the marriage was slated to be performed in July 2008. Based on this confirmation, the bride's family have completed all tasks and invested huge amount for the conduct of the marriage in a grand manner. But suddenly my chithappa has passed away in June 2008. I had been with my chithappa's eldest son for all the 13 days ceromonies right from the day 1 and involved in all the rites including 'kuzhi tharpanam'. On 14th day I have consulted vadyar who has done these 13 days ceromonies, as well as, my family vadyar about the conducting of the marriage. Both of them have informed me that since the marriage date falls beyond the 27th day 'oona masiyam' and also beyond the 2nd sodha kumbam, the marriage can be performed. They also said that just for this kind of sake only the 13th day 'suba sweegaram' is being done, However they have strictly advised me not to visit the Kuladeivam temple for a year and also not to conduct the 'sumangali prarthanai'.
But suddenly now another school of thought tells somethings and it confuses me and my mother and wife.
Please guide me on the exact 'sastras' behind this conduct of the marriage if any death takes place in the family.
Please send your guidance and advices to my email id '[email protected]'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back