• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Right Age To Marry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The right age to marry is when you have accepted the following:

1)You most probably have to spend your life with just one person.So flirting has to stop or be made less conspicuous.

2)You have to learn how to say what you do not mean..surely we cant imagine talking to inlaws in the same tone as we talk to our parents!LOL We can yell at our parents but not at inlaws. So once you are ready to be a fake that means you are ready for marriage.

3)You have to develop skills and a high EQ to deal with the unknown creatures and unknown situations that we inherit when we get married.IQ is no big deal..most men do not like intelligent women.

4)You have to accept the fact that childbirth can be a very painful process and post partum blues can wreck your mind.

5)You have to accept the fact that bringing up kids is no easy task.

6)You have to accept the fact that sometimes having time for just yourself might not actually be even possible.

When you are ready to accept all these that means you are ready for marriage.

The brighter side of marriage is SEX IS FREE!

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

Please don't scare the newbie. I know she is because the following post appeared in RAgam thAnam pallavi thread.

Brahman, Brahmin, and Brahma have different meanings. Brahman refers to the Supreme Self. Brahmin (or Brahmana) refers to an individual belonging to the Hindu priest, artists, teachers, technicians class (varna or pillar of the society) and also to an individual belonging to the Brahmin tribe/caste into which an individual is born; while the word Brahma refers to the creative aspect of the universal consciousness or God. Because the priest / Acharya is knowledgeable about Brahma (the God), and is responsible for religious rituals in temples and homes and is a person authorized after rigorous training in vedas (sacred texts of knowledge) and religious rituals to provide advice and impart knowledge of God to members of the society and assist in attainment of moksha, the liberation from life cycle; the priest / Acharya class is called "Brahmin varna." The English word brahmin is an anglicized form of the Sanskrit word Brāhmana.

Dear Shalini,

This is what 'wiki' says about marriageable age according to Hindu law:

"You can get married at 16 with parental consent. 18 with out parental consent. If any partner(s) engages in marriage at a younger age, (s)he can ask

for the marriage to be declared void. A recent recommendation by the Law Commission aims to equalize the marriage age for males and females to 18.

Official policy automatically declares marriages under 16 as 'null and void', while marriages at the age of 16 or 17 are 'voidable'."

S
o the minimum age to get married is 18. But many autos running in Sing. Chennai carry this advt. "பெண்ணின் திருமண அகவை 21"

which means that the marriageable age of a girl is 21. You may follow this! :)

Reality check, Mrs RR. It doesnt hurt to get into something with both eyes open.

I dont think she is looking for a general readout of the law, there was a special qualification to he question.

Dear Renu,

Please don't scare the newbie. I know she is because the following post appeared in RAgam thAnam pallavi thread.

Dear RR ji,

If a person gets scared reading my post that means he/she is not ready for marriage yet!

RR ji...these days we have to know the truth..the whole truth and nothing but the truth before we commit ourselves to anything.

So helping anyone understand life is much better..most elderly ladies sugar coat their words and try to paint a picture perfect story about marriage cos inside they want the new bride to get screwed up badly like what these old ladies experienced.

Very few Indian ladies actually think of other girls..otherwise would a woman who was ill treated as a daughter in law ill treat her own DIL?

Most woman think "when I got it from my MIL why should I be nice to my DIL..let her get it too"

This type of thinking makes DIL and MIL defensive and the war never ends..females somehow can never like each other whatever said and done..so one has to learn how to fake our emotions at times..that is just survival skills.

So you see I am not saying marriage is bad but I am just talking about reality and guiding a person what to expect and what not to expect.

Dear Renu,

You are still thinking about the previous generation Ms in law!!

Tables are turned now and it is the Ds in law who scare their Ms in law!! :D

Dear Renu,

You are still thinking about the previous generation Ms in law!!

Tables are turned now and it is the Ds in law who scare their Ms in law!! :D

Dear RR ji,

Whether it was stone age or it is space age..no 2 females can ever tolerate each other.

Somehow my best friends are always guys! Women tend to betray each other eventually.

Dear Renu,

May be because you are too pretty! I have a host of very good friends in Sing. Chennai.

Dear RR ji,

Correction..I am very photogenic..in real life I do not look as good as in my pics!So I am not too pretty.

But I have noted most females are actually "frenemies"..they are friends with you cos they want to compare and contrast with you. Mostly are gossip buddies...but bitch about each other too!LOL

You cant trust another woman 100% with any secret..most of them want to project a holier than thou attitude when they might be actually not what they seem.

Guys on the other hand are quite direct..they either want to chase you or be your good friend...so we can always choose not to be chased and be friends with those who value us..may be even in the best of male friends there might be an element of harmless attraction from the guys side but over time that friendship can evolve into a good deep friendship..endocrine glands do come with an expiry date BTW..so no male or female can be hormonal for too long!LOL

Last edited:
The right age to marry is when you have accepted the following:

1)You most probably have to spend your life with just one person.So flirting has to stop or be made less conspicuous.

2)You have to learn how to say what you do not mean..surely we cant imagine talking to inlaws in the same tone as we talk to our parents!LOL We can yell at our parents but not at inlaws. So once you are ready to be a fake that means you are ready for marriage.

3)You have to develop skills and a high EQ to deal with the unknown creatures and unknown situations that we inherit when we get married.IQ is no big deal..most men do not like intelligent women.

4)You have to accept the fact that childbirth can be a very painful process and post partum blues can wreck your mind.

5)You have to accept the fact that bringing up kids is no easy task.

6)You have to accept the fact that sometimes having time for just yourself might not actually be even possible.

When you are ready to accept all these that means you are ready for marriage.

The brighter side of marriage is SEX IS FREE!
the trade off of 6 points againstthe brighter side loads the odds against marriage . Add more to the brighter side. how about adding friendship,love and companionship etc to the positives.

Dear RR ji,

If a person gets scared reading my post that means he/she is not ready for marriage yet!

RR ji...these days we have to know the truth..the whole truth and nothing but the truth before we commit ourselves to anything.

So helping anyone understand life is much better..most elderly ladies sugar coat their words and try to paint a picture perfect story about marriage cos inside they want the new bride to get screwed up badly like what these old ladies experienced.

Very few Indian ladies actually think of other girls..otherwise would a woman who was ill treated as a daughter in law ill treat her own DIL?

Most woman think "when I got it from my MIL why should I be nice to my DIL..let her get it too"

This type of thinking makes DIL and MIL defensive and the war never ends..females somehow can never like each other whatever said and done..so one has to learn how to fake our emotions at times..that is just survival skills.

So you see I am not saying marriage is bad but I am just talking about reality and guiding a person what to expect and what not to expect.
hey in what age and century r u living dishing out DIL,MIL incompatibility stories. these are the stuff tv serials are made off. gender has got nothing to do with friendships. its your imagination if I can take the liberty of saying so

hey in what age and century r u living dishing out DIL,MIL incompatibility stories. these are the stuff tv serials are made off. gender has got nothing to do with friendships. its your imagination if I can take the liberty of saying so

Sir,

You are right. There are umpteen number of examples on this. Friendship is beyond gender, caste, colour, creed, age ........

Regards

the trade off of 6 points againstthe brighter side loads the odds against marriage . Add more to the brighter side. how about adding friendship,love and companionship etc to the positives.

I think marriage is more about having a contract. One can have friendship, love and companionship with or without a marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back