• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rotimaker- best kitchen gadget ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where this should go, so decided to put it in the Food and recipes section since it is concerned with the arduous task of making rotis.
slider41.jpg

Click on the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsfccHgWDb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Web site: http://rotimatic.com

Hi padders, have you personally used it?

We have a roti maker, the type where we have to press both sides which are heated by electricity. And the dough for it has to be a bit on the watery side. Most times it did not come right and the times it did, the roti had to be eaten immediately, as the high water content in the dough ensured that after some time it became hard enough to be used as a substitute for leather.

The rotimaker roti couldn't match the taste and softness of a hand rolled phulka.

Now it is lying in some corner of our kitchen unused and neglected !

Hence the extra caution...

this padders roti maker is not yet in the market.

while i love the concept of it, i do not know whether the rate of 20 rotis per minute or something like that is suitable for a family of 2 :). also i would wait for a year or so, for all the bugs to be hashed out. after its initial inauguration ofcourse.

it is developed in singapore, if i am not mistaken.

Hi auhji and kunjuppu sir:

Yes, auh sir, I too tried one of those old roti-makers and my rotis turned out to be crisp papads! No, I haven't tried out this new rotimatic. Maybe you are right, kunjuppu sir, when you say it still hasn't hit the market. Rotis/phulkas are the most nutritious kind of bread as you know exactly what goes into it rather than buying something ready-made. And by far the tastiest(imho). Believe me, this invention, if it takes off, will be the next best thing to sliced bread! History of Sliced Bread) Or maybe overtake sliced bread in popularity.
I sincerely hope the snags are ironed out and this does hit the market soon. No longer useful for us oldies (we too are presently a family of two middle-aged adults) but a real boon for the younger generation. Maybe it could even become a kids' chore in the future if it is safe and easy to use!

BTW, auhji, my old roti maker was junked when moving houses.:)

Looking at the youtube and hearing to the advertisement it looks like men have to do all the cooking, will it suit our TB members, only time will tell.

Anita Bhatty's comment from the ad.

I love the idea of the man taking over in the kitchen, and the lady gets to paint! How fun, now with this machine perhaps the guys will be motivated to make ROTIS! and we get to relax. Greta piece of invention.....how much does it cost?

I know Mr. K can use this machine.

After seeing the 'demo' video, Ram had a genuine doubt!

'Did the lady eat the chappAthis or did her husband feed her while she was painting? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back