• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"go" dhanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i just visited sri marudheeswarar temple , thiruvanmiyur chennai....there is huge goshala in the temple...you can visit and ask

temple authorities for further additional details....

hi narayananms,

The thing is - When you do go dhanam and if it is big goshala - The same cow is given again and again and there is no way of verifying if the cow has been given godhanam before by some one else.
So, We gave go dhanam to a small ashram which had only one cow before. So please check and make sure that the cow has not been given dhanam before.

There are plenty of small ashram's in and around villupuram and please invest lot of time to make sure you select the right ashram and enquire in the local village for a cow along with a vet. This is what i did it for my
father sometime back. A decent cow in and around villupuram will cost you around 20-30K and lots of time to select the right recipient.

dear all
we have decided to do go-dhanam in our native village near vellore by this month-end.
we are trying to get a vadhyar for doing the rituals. just in case he does not turnup,
i just want to know what are poojas to be performed and mantras to be chanted for
the function.

thanks.

m.s.narayanan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back