• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Jathikal Illaiyadi Papa" - Is there any truth in this lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malgova.mango

Jathikal Illayadi papa

Jathikal Illayadi Papa........Famous Lines of a Famous poet.

If we stop to think a bit about this line , we could easily disagree what is said in this line.

Jha -means Birth
Since there are different types of Birth there are ofcourse different jathis - simple plain fact.

we are comfortable in accepting jathi - in flowers (jathi-malli),nuts,plants,animals no one dispute.

In people also we can group people of different dispostions, skillsets ofcourse chiefly determined by what the heredit.

That's why we have a fisherman , potter, weaver, vivasayi , chettiyar, naickers, iyers etc.... It is plain fact and truth then why this line is famous and accepted without any thought.

Can anyone explain.

Pranams
Malgova

Second Line is the crux

Tongue firmly in my cheek, since Bharathiyaar was in the habit of plopping a 'Jaathi'kkai, he might have been prompted in saying what he said.

That said in a lighter vein, i am sure Bharathiyaar would have been deeply influenced by the ravines that existed between communities.

Unfortunately they have only widened. Instead of fusioning, communities now believe in fissioning, evidence of which we can see thru the increasing number of caste sanghas.

Be that as it may be, to me, what Bharathi had to say in the second line is more important :

"Kula thaazhthi uyarthi sollal paavam"

If caste will remain for purposes of distinction, so be it, but let it not be a lever for discrimination. That is my line of thinking.

For yet again, a t-i-c response, the poser can be better answered only by the "paapas" of the world.

Tongue firmly in my cheek, since Bharathiyaar was in the habit of plopping a 'Jaathi'kkai, he might have been prompted in saying what he said.

That said in a lighter vein, i am sure Bharathiyaar would have been deeply influenced by the ravines that existed between communities.

Unfortunately they have only widened. Instead of fusioning, communities now believe in fissioning, evidence of which we can see thru the increasing number of caste sanghas.

Be that as it may be, to me, what Bharathi had to say in the second line is more important :

If caste will remain for purposes of distinction, so be it, but let it not be a lever for
discrimination
. That is my line of thinking.

For yet again, a t-i-c response, the poser can be better answered only by the "paapas" of the world.

Dear Sri Hariharan!

The word discrimination means - viveka, analysis a beautiful word . How it get interpreted badly is one of the wonders.

The second line - considering the times - no comments.

But in Plants do you know which is on the bottom scale - Bamboo on high end is ma,pala,vazhai and my favourite coconut. Some like Arjuna tree, pipal andbanyan all are super in the sense if you saw that it will absolve certain kind of sins you have committed.

In animals ofcourse they say dog on one end on high you would have already guessed it.

Just for thoughts ........

No offence......

"yathum oore yavarum kelleer"

Namaskarms
MALGOVA

Dear Hariji,

If caste will remain for purposes of distinction, so be it, but let it not be a lever for discrimination. That is my line of thinking.

Rightly put! Distinction does not mean discrimination. Distinction is advantageous. Discrimination is asuric.

Regards,

Jathikal Illayadi papa

Jathikal Illayadi Papa........Famous Lines of a Famous poet.

If we stop to think a bit about this line , we could easily disagree what is said in this line.

Jha -means Birth
Since there are different types of Birth there are ofcourse different jathis - simple plain fact.

we are comfortable in accepting jathi - in flowers (jathi-malli),nuts,plants,animals no one dispute.

In people also we can group people of different dispostions, skillsets ofcourse chiefly determined by what the heredit.

That's why we have a fisherman , potter, weaver, vivasayi , chettiyar, naickers, iyers etc.... It is plain fact and truth then why this line is famous and accepted without any thought.

Can anyone explain.

Pranams
Malgova
Please read my postings for a line of thought in this direction.Bhatahi was a democratic soul.To gain unity during freedom struggle such thoughta and slogans were necessary.But genetic difference makes every life different from the other with a unique adaptability in every sense. Further we should build brahminsm on a new acceptable thought process and not on slogans and anti -jathi movements.
1.We should analyse whether we are spending time of life with propriety as a member of the existing society?
2.are we aligned to the goals of the society and hence the direction of civilisation?
3.Are we oppressed or or we getting back for our ignorance? shed ego to think on these lines.
4.Is it a form of racism?
5.What reply and correction mechanism we have for the complaints by Dalits in the United Nations Organisation?
6.Is democracy is killing brahmin culture and the good of it?

democratic soul
. What are you trying to convey by this words. I say democracy is idiotcrazy yes with the demograph filled with idiots who can vote for 50 INR and a bottle of liquor is it not? Who can vote for actors simply because they like their acting. Pathetic. Systematically democracy has robbed the law and order of the country backbone of a country. Do you challenge this?. Did anybody investigated why the rupee value gone down since independance. The self-respect movements which ruled , drive their own people out of their own country to countries like Singapore , UAE where they suffered un-told miseries definetly in terms of sel-respect. Please don't talk to them on the glory of democracy and the self-respect movements it allowed to govern and there achivements. It's like rubbing salt in the wound.

To gain unity during freedom struggle such thoughts and slogans were necessary.
Hey! If you say, don't exercise animosity because simply you belong to different class. Eventhough the class is different the essence is the same then that's different I can understand with what spirit it's been told.
But to say that there are no class is like "muzhu pussanikaye sotthula maraikerathu". You can't simply tell the roses have no thorns because you don't like that way. The facts are facts you can't deny that.

Further we should build brahminsm on a new acceptable thought process and not on slogans and anti -jathi movements.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO BRAHMINISM WHICH IS BUILT BY SOMEBODY. We simply followed what is revealed in Veda's which was brought to us by RISHIS who dedicated their life in knowing the Truth. The fault lies in not following exactly.
1.We should analyse whether we are spending time of life with propriety as a member of the existing society?
I can't understand your question.
2.are we aligned to the goals of the society and hence the direction of civilisation?
What are the goals of society? because it is like shifting sands, onetime it is supposed to be independance, another time self-respect, now it is purely money making. Please clarify.
Direction of civilisation

Now respect is only for money and power.

Active pursuation of artha and kama only. Dharma can be practiced only when it is comfortable. Moksha- unthinkable , as the above two pursuit consume the entire life-time.

Ok values like returning good with good (nanri maravamai). no time of-course got to buy car, house etc.. for which I 've to run. Parents are to be sheltered in old age home. Kids they should go modern montessori, infants , now creches are there they will sung the lullaby. Is car and flats not more important. Wifes, they should also go to job and earn money and they should not be unduly worried about kids even infants ok don't mur mur now 2-3 months is allowed for them to be with the infants. But for a mum she may have more priorities other than kid. but for infants they want mum look for her couldn't find then how? Don't think non-sense these day the infants are also intelligent they perfectly undestand there mum is a working mum and so not to expect her during working hours.

I can continue on and on.........

3.Are we oppressed or or we getting back for our ignorance? shed ego to think on these lines.
" Thou shall you sow thou shall you reap" - "Ella uyirgallum eshan villaiyate"
With this knowledge firmly rooted how can one feel oppressed. As Brahmins it is not about us we are concerned the concern is for entire humanity. "LOKAS SAMSTHAS SUKINO BHAVNTU" . As i quoted previoulsy to Sri HariHaran good intelligence presupposes good results and for intelligence we have no other good choice other than "VEDAS".
4.Is it a form of racism?
- No truism, Altruism.
5.What reply and correction mechanism we have for the complaints by Dalits in the United Nations Organisation?
I should first go and check their complaints. Thanks for highlighting this to me.
6.Is democracy is killing brahmin culture and the good of it?
[/QUOTE]As explained democracy depends on demograph. Usually 90% of people are driven by "ICCHA SAKTHI" only. and this is the truth. Unbridled "Iccha sakthi" can create havoc in a society. So the 10% with "Gnana Sakthi" should be given the authority to create society where the others can mature. This is the best approach. To talk all are equal and to be treated and given equal authority is similar to giving garland of flowers to a monkey.

Discrimination is asuric

Dear Ramaa..

Discrimination has two meanings - Showing good judgement . the other meaning is exactly the opposite which is prejudice/ favour or unfavourable treatment depend on race etc..

Puzzling isn't it . I have known one word with different meanings. But this is the only word which has the opposite meanings.

I think the first is more appropriate. But people without dicriminatory prowess start abusing that word and meaning got reversed. What do you think about it?

With mitrabhava
malgova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back