• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shradham/thithi for those living abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friends,

for all those Brahmin expats like us - for those who wish to perform the ceremonies of their loved ones, I would like to highly recommend Shri kasiram Vadyar from USA. He guides us through over Skype. We have been conducting our duties with his guidance since the past two years. He is excellent and he will be there as per your time zone / convenience.
Today after performing our mother's shradham, he educated us on one important matter - the importance of performing shradham- he said that our pitrukal visit us every year and when we don't fulfil our obligations they go back and continue to visit us in the hope for the next 30 years - the negative effects of not performing these rituals are visible only after 30 years when chitraguptan stops allowing them from visiting earth since we are not respecting them and the two gods that accompany them. Still our ancestors don't curse us, rather they feel sad that they will not be allowed to visit us anymore , and it is this sorrow that translates into negative affects for future generations. However when we perform all our duties towar them they are so happy they bless us amply. As he rightly said to us , God does not have expectations but our loved ones who have passed on do . Hence for their peace and our peace and prosperity it is important to perform the shradham. I know there are several learned and wise members on this forum and with all due respects ,what I have written above is only for the understanding of younger members who like me may not have had the knowledge of why we perform these duties. Sri kasiram Ramakrishna Vadyar can be contacted on [email protected]. Hope this is helpful to fellow expats . Respects and regards to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back