• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gayatri Mantra and Science

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have received the following matter from the Sathya Sai circle in London. But I have not verified the sources quoted in the matter. Jusr for your information.

Dr.Howard Steingeril, an American scientist, collected Mantras, Hymns and invocations
from all over the world and from all religions, tested their strength in his Physiology Laboratory.
He concluded that the Hindus Vedic Gayatri Mantra is the most rewarding scientifically.
'
That the Gayatri Mantra produced 110,000 sound waves per second. This was the highest and
found it to be the most powerful prayer hymn in the world.
That the combination of sound and variation in the sound waves and its particular frequency is capable of developing specific spiritual potentialities.

The Hamburg university initiated this research into the efficacy
of the Gayatri Mantra both on the mental and physical plane of CREATION...

The GAYATRI MANTRA is now being broadcast daily for 15 minutes from 7 P.M. onwards over Radio Paramaribo, Surinam, South America for the past two years, and also in Amsterdam,
Holland for the last six months

That the combination of sound and variation in the sound waves and its particular frequency is capable of developing specific spiritual potentialities.

Dear Sir,

I just have one doubt here...Gayatri Mantra is recited daily or even more than once a day by many people all around the world....but frankly speaking how much "spiritual" change in the humanity scale does it really confer to the reciter or to anyone else hearing it.

So I wonder what is the "specific spiritual potentialities" meant by the researcher here.I wish he had been a bit more specific.

BTW if what finally matters is the frequency of sound waves that means it is possible to reproduce the frequency of the Gayatri Mantra in a non verbal form and only produce its frequency Hertz and try to look for similar sounding frequency in nature and in the animal kingdom.

For all we know the Gayatri sound frequency could even be produced by most animals and sounds of nature and this discovery might just remove the human monopoly over this Mantra.

Last edited:

I have received the following matter from the Sathya Sai circle in London. But I have not verified the sources quoted in the matter. Jusr for your information.

The Hamburg university initiated this research into the efficacy
of the Gayatri Mantra both on the mental and physical plane of CREATION...

I tried googling for Dr Howard Steingeril and “Hamburg university” . Apart from a Facebook page opened in the name of “Ancient Indian: Alien Science Behind Alien Gods”, there was little else. Every other post in the first few pages of Google search is a chain-letter version of the your above post, which seems to be going the rounds by being forwarded multiple times through many different sources.

It is the sacred duty of a journalist to verify the truthful source behind any reporting and not fall for spam.

The faithful do not need any validation of this kind to chant and believe in the efficacy of the Gayatri mantra.
Read this post also

Dear Naina Marbus

You are right.My brother also googled the name for verification and came to the same conclusion like you.
I know lot of fraudulent and false quotations are circulated in the name of Einstein.
I know another big business in Chennai circulate Geetha Saaram (gist of Gita) in Tamil and English.
Nothing he says is in Gita!!!

I will be doubly careful when I recieve such a thing in future. Thanks for your input.

Dear Renuka

Regarding the spiritual change through Gayatri mantra:
The same question was raised by an elderly man several years ago when I was praising the efficacy of Gaytri mantra. He told me his uncle was doing Gayatri Mantra 1008 a day for several years, but yet he was poor in everything: health, wealth, look (tejas) etc.

RK Parahamsa says that not all the fishes in Ganges reach heaven or Moksha.
So even if I recite Gayatri mantra and I have something bad in my mind, the efficacy will be nil or less.
We see it in all the Asura stories, they do penance for several 100 or 1000 years and get boons. But the inherent weakness in their requests bring their destruction. So only by reciting one wont become great.
If we have good intentions , even one Rama nama or Shiva nama may be more effective.

If you are an expert in Mantra shastra and then ask for which one you should take, probably your Guru may initiate you in a mantra recitation.

Brahmins, KShatriyas and Vaisyas were taught Gayatri on the day of their Sacred thread cremony in the olden days. When they recited Gayatri from young days it helped them to certain extent.
To cut it short, any mantra will be beneficial to you ONLY when your mind is pure.

Regarding the experiments of producing the same frequency and trying it with animals etc is a good suggestion for future researchers.

London Sir

Please see from this link

HnewsUVSeek: Gayathri Mantra produced 110,000 sound waves per second

AwaazDecember 6, 2012 at 7:09 AM1. I could not find any reference to "Dr.Howard Steingeril" in a wide-ranging web search (except your blog of course).
2. I could not find any reference to Hamburg University and Gayatri mantra in me web-search (except your blog of course).
3. In my web-search, I could not find any hits of the radio-broadcasts you speak of.

What does it even mean to say that something "produced 110,000 sound waves per second"? It is a meaningless sentence.

These types Mails, also about our National Anthem is circulating in the WEB, one has to be careful not to spread such rumors among friend/ relatives and in social sites.

If you are an expert in Mantra shastra and then ask for which one you should take, probably your Guru may initiate you in a mantra recitation.

Dear sir,

I am not keen into initiation cos initiation is 100% commitment and therefore not suitable for a person like me who loves to be free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back