• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Carnatic Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear all

i have not mentioned the names of the artistes but leave it to the guess of the members.

narayanan ms

hi narayanan,

this is a vague statement, which is not only not fair to artistes but also to the readers here.

if you feel strongly, some well deserved folks are not being recognized, why not have the courage to mention it here bold and shamelessly. why slink under guise of 'modesty' and sneak into smirks, as if you know something, and do not want other to know, ie make us all fools.

don't do that sir. it is not becoming of us, and unfortunately, our community has earned a lot of bad name for such behaviour. be straight forward, and you have nothing to regret. instead, you will learn to stand up and express your opinions, cogently and without fear.

Carnatic Music (CM) in TN is the close preserve of a coterie of tabras and now-a-days of a small coterie of sabha secretaries. Politics might have got an entry via Jaya tv but I do not know the exact position. NRIs also have now some role thanks to the Cleveland and similar festivals.

On another side CM has deteriorated thanks to the technological advances made in musical instrument and the general trend in making CM look or sound like pop music. In such a confused atmosphere if any one takes up CM as his/her full-time avocation, such a person should be a rank fool or mentally unstable. Some deserving persons get sidelined in every walk of life. That is the law of nature.

How did Yesudas manage to break into that inner circle all those years ago? or was it different in Kerala I wonder?!

Dear Amala,

Though I strongly believe that a good 'chuzhi' is necessary to come up as a front line artist, the efforts also

should be more than 100%. Not every singer is bestowed with a good voice and not every sweet voiced one

has the 'sruthi suddham'. Each artist has to struggle his / her way up the ladder.

Yesudas studied in music college and Chembai was the one who brought him to lime light. But, do you know

that even now the Madras music academy does not have him in their list of artists? Surprising!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back