• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Avani Avittam Manthras or Yajur and Rig Vedis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avani Avittam

Does any one know of any website where audio version of 2007 avani avittam mantas are available. Last year it was available in chennaionline.com. This year it is not there.
regards

Avani Avittam

Sir:
A purohit told me that Rig and Yajurvedis can't celeberate avani avittam
on coming Tuesday in view of the unfavourable position of the planets.
Is it true ? I am also checking this . Thanks

Planet position

Sir,
Can we perform the avani avittam t'morow, is it true that planet is in unfavourable position. Pls explain as we are miles away from India.
Rajesh Iyer

Avani Avittam

Sir:

Actually there is no transit of any planet now. It is only conjunction of five
planets in Leo ,all aspecting Acquarius where Rahu and Moon are placed.
This can not be the reason. Perhaps the sastri was under the mistaken
impression that there is Lunar Eclipse. Since it is not visible in India,
there is no bar and we can perform Avani avittam. But, where-ever the
eclipse is visible, the timings must be ascertained .

Avaniavittam

Sir:
In the Almanac No.28 ( paampu panchankam), it is mentioned that Rig
upakarma is today., i.e., Monday the 28th Aug,07. If it is possible you
can have it today, or else tomorrow.

xXx zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz-----------------------------------

Last edited:
SAma Vedi Upakarma mantras

Dear Friends,
I have been regularly posting the Yajur Vedi and Rig Vedi Upakarma mantras in our web site www.keralaiyers.com. During last few years there was a demand for Sama Vedi Upakarma mantras.I am happy to tell you that I have compiled a simplified version of the elaborate mantras in consultation with a Sama Vedin.These would be posted soon in the www.keralaiyers.com web site. Those interested can also write directly to me.The Upakarma is on 13-9-2007, With best wishes, Ramachander
P.S. I really do not know why there is a population difference among followers of different vedas.Among Yajur Vedins, there are two groups-Shukla Yajur Vedin and Krishna Yajur Vedin. The population of followers Atharva Veda among Tamil Brahmins , according to my info is nil. It is also interesting to see that there are followers of two vedas(Dwivedi), three Vedas(Trivedi) and four Vedas(Chathurvedi) among North Indian Brahmins.Though there are known experts in more than one veda in south, they all followed only one Veda.

Vaibhav Lakshmi pooja and story

I need to perform Vaibhav Lakshmi pooja every friday, can anyone help me to get the Hindi version of the procedure for performing pooja and story.

Rajesh Iyer

Avaniavittam

Vishwamitra,
Avani avittam falls in the tamil month of Avani ( normally august 16 to
sept 15 ). For Yajur vedis it falls on Pournami thithi . Usually the star
on that day is Avittam. For Rig vedis it is on Thiruvonam day. For Sama
vedis, it falls on Hastha nakshathram day. This is as per the respective
Vedas.
We have many people belonging to Rig, Yajur and Sama vedas. There
are a few who follow Atharva Veda in the south. You can find them in
Gujarat/Sourashtra. I do not know the exact census.

Avani Avittam

Sri Rajesh Iyer,

The book on ' Vaibhava Laksmi ' pooja is available in Tamil and the book
is published by Giri Publishing Co. and marketed by Giri Trading Agency.
I do not know where you live . If you are in Mumbai, you can enquire at
Giri Trading Agency in Mathunga for Hindi version.

Dear Friends,
I have been regularly posting the Yajur Vedi and Rig Vedi Upakarma mantras in our web site www.keralaiyers.com. During last few years there was a demand for Sama Vedi Upakarma mantras.I am happy to tell you that I have compiled a simplified version of the elaborate mantras in consultation with a Sama Vedin.These would be posted soon in the www.keralaiyers.com web site. Those interested can also write directly to me.The Upakarma is on 13-9-2007, With best wishes, Ramachander
P.S. I really do not know why there is a population difference among followers of different vedas.Among Yajur Vedins, there are two groups-Shukla Yajur Vedin and Krishna Yajur Vedin. The population of followers Atharva Veda among Tamil Brahmins , according to my info is nil. It is also interesting to see that there are followers of two vedas(Dwivedi), three Vedas(Trivedi) and four Vedas(Chathurvedi) among North Indian Brahmins.Though there are known experts in more than one veda in south, they all followed only one Veda.

Dwivedi, Trivedi, and Chathurvedi are the caste names of Brahmins who are descendants of Brahmins who were conferred the title for proficiency in more than one Veda. All Brahmins follow only one Veda.

Most of the Tamil Brahmins follow Krishna Yajur Veda, Taittiriya Sakha. Krishna Yajurveda includes the Brahmana prose commentary within the Samhita, while the Shukla Yajurveda considers the Brahmanas as separate texts. Apastamba Sutra, the oldest Smiriti text, is the most common among Tamil Brahmins.

ShriRudramChamakam and Tryambakam (MahamrityunjayaMantra ) occur in this Samhita and also Bhur Bhuvah Suvah prefixed to Rigvedic Gayatri Mantra.

There are no Vedic schools teaching Atharva Veda. There are no Brahmins following this Veda by birth. They have to learn it later as this requires special initiation. [SIZE=-1]Ganapati Atharvashirsha and [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Devyatharvashirsha are from AtharvaVeda.[/SIZE]

Avani Avittam mantras

Sir;

I agree that there are very few vidyarthis who have done adhyayanam
in Atharvana Veda. We see them during the month of Karthigai at
Tiruvannamalai and during the month of margazhi at Chidambaram. There
are about ten reciting atharvana vedam. Prithvi suktam describing the
shristi is in this Vedam only. Of the famous ten principal upanishads,
Prasna, Mundaka and Mandukya upanishads are in this Vedam only.

We find some Brahmins belonging to this Vedam in Orissa, Gujarat and
Sourashtra.

We can at least derive some satisfaction from the fact that our Indian
Governement has the motto " SATHYAMEVA JAYATHE ", taken from
Mundaka upanishad.

Part I

Yajur Vedi Avani Avittam*
1.Yagnopa veetha dharana manthra
( Manthra for wearing Poonal)
a.Aachamanam:Shuklaam Bharadharam………. Santhaye
b.Om Bhoo…………..Bhoorbhavaswarom
c.Mamo partha samastha duritha kshya dwara sri paameshwara preethyartham
Sroutha smartha vihitha sadachara nithya karmaanushtanaa yogyatha sidhyartham brhma teja abhivrudyartham yagnopaveetha dharanam karishye.
d.Yagnopaveetha dharana maha manthrasya
Parabrhma rishi(Touch forehead)
Trushtup chanda (touch below nose)
Paramathma devatha (touch heart)
e.Yagnopaveetha dharane viniyoga
Wear Poonal one by one by reciting(poonal should be held by both hands, the tie in the poonal being held above by the right hand facing upwards)
Yagnopaveetham paramam pavithram praja pathe,
Yat sahajam purasthad aayushyam
Agriyam prathi muncha shubram yagnopaveetham balamasthu theja.

f.After wearing all poonals one by one do Aachamanam

g.Remove the old poonals and break them to pieces by reciting

Upaveetham bhinna thanthum jeernam kasmala dooshitham, visrujami jale punarbrahman varcho deergayurasthu me.

h.Do aachamanam.

2.Kamo karshet Japam
a.Aaachamanam:Shuklaam Bharadharam…….Santhaye
b.Om Bhoo
c.Mamo partha--- Preethyartham
Tadeva lagnam sudhinam tadaiva, tharaa balam chandra balam thadaiva , vidhya balam daiva balam tadaiva, Sri Lakshmi pathe aangriyugam smaramaami
Apavithra pavithro vaa sarvaavasthaam gathopi vaa , ya smareth pundari kaksham, sabahyanthara suchi , manasam vaachikam paapam , karmanaa
Samuparjitham, sri Rama smaranenaiva vyopahathi na samsaya .Sree rama Rama
Tidhir Vishnu, Tatha vaara, nakshatram Vishnu reva cha
Yogascha karanam chaiva sarvam Vishnu mayam Jagat ,
Sri Govinda , Govinda, Govinda
Aadhya sri bagavatha mahaa purushasya Vishnor Agnaya , Pravarthamanasya , Aadhya brhmana , dweethiya parardhe, swetha varaha kalpe, , Vaivaswatha manvanthare, ashta vimsathi thame, kali yuge, prathame padhe, Jamboo dweepe, Bharatha varshe , Bharatha kande, Mero dakshine parswe. Asmin varthamane , vyavaharike prabhavaadheenam sashti samvatsaranaam madhye , Dharana nama samvatsare, Dakshinaayane, varsha rithou, simha mase, shukla pakshe, aadhya ------masyam shubha thidou, bhanu vasara yukthayam, sravishta nakshatra yukthayam, shubhayoga, shubha karana evam guna, viseshana visishtaayam, asyam -----maasyam shubha thidou, taishyaam pournamaasyam adhyot sarjana akarana praayaschithartham , samvatsara praayaschithartham, cha ashtothara satha samkhyaa “kamo karsheth manyura karsheth” ithi maha manthra japam karishye.
d.Then chant “Kamo karsheth manyura karsheth namo nama” 108 times
e.Afterwards perform Aachamana and say”Kama manyu upastham karishye” , Om tat sat brahmaarpanam asthu.

3.Maha Samkalpam
Madhyaanikam and Brahma yagnam*)
a.Aachamanam
b.Shuklam baradharam……..
c.Om bhoo
d.Maha samkalpam
Apavithra pavithro vaa sarvaavasthaam gathopi vaa , ya smareth pundari kaksham, sabahyanthara suchi , manasam vaachikam paapam , karmanaa
Samuparjitham, sri Rama smaranenaiva vyopahathi na samsaya .Sree rama Rama rama
Tidhir Vishnu, Tatha vaara, nakshatram Vishnu reva cha
Yogascha karanam chaiva sarvam Vishnu mayam Jagat ,
Sri Govinda , Govinda, Govinda
Aadya sri bhagawatha, Aadi vishno, Aadinarayanasya achinthyaya , aparimithaya, sakthyaa, briyamaanasya, mahaa jaloughasya madhye,
paribrhamatham aneka koti brhmaandanam madhye, eka thame, prithya aptejo vayvakaasaa ahankaradhi -mahada vyakthai-aavaranair- aavruthe- asmin mahathi bramanda-karandaka-madhye aadhara sakthi –koormaa nandathi ashta diggajopari prathishtithasya , athala-vithala-suthala-rasaathala-thalaa thala-mahaathala-pathalakyai loka sapthakasya upari thale, punya kruthaam nivaasabhuthe bhoor –bhuvar-suvar-mahar-janarr-thapa-satyaakhyai loka shatkasya adho bhage mahaa nalayamana phani raja seshasya sahasra phanaa mani mandala mandithe, dighdanthi-shunda dhanda-uttambhithe, panchasath koti yojana vistheerne, lokaloka –achalena valayithe lavaneshu-sura-sarpi-dhadhi-ksheera-udakaarnavischa parivruthe, jambhu-plaksha-saka-salmali-kusa-krouncha-pushkarakhya saptha dweepanaam madhye, Jamboo dweepe, Bharatha varshe, bharatha kande, prajaapathi kshetre dandakaaranya-chamapakaaranya-vindhyaaranya-veekshaaranya-vedaaranayaadhi, aneka punya aaranyaanam Madhya pradeshe, karma bhoomou, rama –sethu-kedharayoo madya pradaeshe , Bhaageerathi-Gouthami-Krishna veni-Yamuna-Narmadaa-Thungabadhraa-Triveni-Malaapahaarini-kaveri- ithyadi , aaneka punya nadhi viraajithe, Indraprastha-Yamaprastha-Aavanthikaapuri-Hasthinaapuri-Ayodhyaa puri-Maayaa puri-Kasi puri-Kanchi puri-Dwarakaa aadi aneka punya puree viraajithe Sakala jagat srushta, parardha dwaya jeevana, bramana dweethiya parardhe, Pancha sathabdhou, prathame varshe, prathame mase, prathame pakshe, prathame divasae, aahni, dweethiye yame, trithiye muhurthe, swayambhuva-swarochisha-uthama-thamasa-raivatha-chakshu shakheshu, shatsu manusha atheetheshu, sapthame vaivaswathe manvanthare, aashta vimsathi thame, kali yuge, prathame padhe, Jamboo dweepe, Bharatha varshe , Bharatha kande, Mero dakshine parswe. Asmin varthamane , vyavaharike prabhavaadheenam sashtya samvatsaranaam madhye , Dharana nama samvatsare, Dakshinaayane, Varsha rithou, Simha mase, shukla pakshe, aadhya pournamasyam shubha thidou, Bhanu vasara yukthayam, SRavishta nakshatra yukthayam, shubhayoga, shubha karana evam guna, viseshana visishtaayam, asyam pournamaasyam shubha thidou,
anaadhya vidhya pravarthamane asmin mahathi samsara chakre vichitrabhi karma gathibhi vichitrasu yonishu puna puna anekadha janithwa kenapi punya karma viseshena idhaanimthana manushye dwijanma visesham prapthavatho mama jjanmabhyasa jjanama prabruthi ethath kshana paryantham , baalye, vayasi kaumare yowane vaardhake cha jagrath swapna sushupthya avasthamsu mano vak kaya karmendriya jnanendriya vyaparai kama-krodha-lobha-moha-madha-mathsaryaadhi sambhavithaanam iha janmani janmanthare cha jnana ajnana kruthaanam maha pathakanaam mahaa patathakanumanthratwadeenam , samapathakaanaam upapaathakaanaam malini karanaanam nindhitha dhana dhaano upa jeevanaadeenam aapathrikarananaam jathi bramsa karaanam vihitha karma thyaagaaadeenam jnanadha sakruth kruthanaam ajnanatha asakruth kruthaanam sarveeshaam papaanam sadhya aapanodhanartham
aswatha narayana sannidhou-deva brahmana sannidhou-tryaa trimsath koti devathaa sannidhou-sri visaalakshi sametha visweswara swami sannidhou-mahaa ganapathi sannidhou-seetha lakshmana bharatha sathrugna-hanumt samedha sri rama chandra swmai sannidhou-sri rukmani sathyabhama samedha sri gopala Krishna swami sannidhou-hari hara puthra swami sannidhou-sri lakshmi narayana swami sannidhou sraavanyaam pournamasyaam adhyopakrama karma karishye.Thadangam sravanee pournamasi punyakale sareera shudhartam shuddhodhaka snanam aham karishye
Athi krura maha kaya, kalpanthahanopama,
Bairavaya namasthubhyam anujnam dathu marhasi

Part II

4.Yagnopa veetha dharana manthra

After bath again change poonal by reciting manthra as given in s.No.1.Please note that now a days very rarely people take bath after mahaa sankalpam but do prokshana snanam i.e bath by sprikling of water on the head.
5.Kanda Rishi Tharpanam
1,Aachamanam
2,Shklaama baradharam
3.Om bhoo
4.Mamo partha ------.
Wear poonal as garland and do tharpanam using water mixed with thil (black gingely) and akshatha
Each manthra has to be chanted thrice and tharpanam done.

1.Prajapathim kanda rishim tharpayami
2,Somam kanda rishim tharpayami
3.Agnim kanda rishim tharpayami
4.Viswaan devaan kanda rishim tharpayaami
5.Saahinkeer devatha upanishadha tharpayami
6.Yagnigeer devatha upanishadha tharpayaami
7.Vaaruneer devatha upanishadha tharpayami
8.Brhamanagum swayubhuvam tharpayaami
9.Sadasaspathim tharpayami
wear poonal in the normal fashion and then do aachamana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back