• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

BOOKS for Children - Download For Children's/Grandchildren's pleasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sankara_sharmah

Illustrated books for Children was very common earlier. The books were profusely illustrated and easy to read.

Many of the old books have been digitized.

I will be posting links for downloading these books.

You could make these available to your children and grand children.

The first Book I am posting here is about a South Indian Tamil Boy. This book was published in 1899. This is the original edition. There have been some controversies regarding this book. It was banned for some time in the U.S.

The Story of Little Black Sambo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Project Gutenberg eBook of Little Black Sambo, by Helen Bannerman.

Please post your views/comments so that I can post books which you like.

Thank You.

Randolph Caldecott's Books

Randolph Caldecott was a famous illustrator of children's books.

Randolph Caldecott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These books which are digitized do not really give you an idea of the original book. The original books were book and printed on special paper. The illustrations were much bigger.

The Project Gutenberg eBook of Ride a Cock-Horse to Banbury Cross & A Farmer went trotting upon his Grey Mare, by R. Caldecott

The background color is intended to imitate an old book. Remember that these book came out more than 100 years back.

A Request to the Viewers

Frankly I do not know what the children are reading now a days. I am under the impression that they would like to view and read stuff on the computer. I am posting these so that you could interest your children/grand children in these old books. I will post classics later.

Please let me know whether these have been helpful. And also suggest books which I could post. Only old books because they are out of copy right.

Thank You.

Thread discontinued. There is no response. Feel like a fool posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back