• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Omens and beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
"நரி இடம் போனால் என்ன?
வலம் போனால் என்ன?
மேலே விழுந்து நம்மைப்
பிடுங்காமல் போயிற்றே!"

எனக்குத் தெரிந்த பழமொழி இது!!! :)

பாலிலோ பாயசத்திலோ dive அடிக்காமல்
பல்லி கை விரல்கள் மீது தானே ஓடியது!

அது ஒரு நல்ல பல்லி தான்! விடுங்கள் !

Thankx Visalakshi for responding. But i cant read tamil so can you plz let me know whats written in english plz ? google transilator didnt help me here

-rampi

"நரி இடம் போனால் என்ன?
வலம் போனால் என்ன?
மேலே விழுந்து நம்மைப்
பிடுங்காமல் போயிற்றே!"

எனக்குத் தெரிந்த பழமொழி இது!!! :)

பாலிலோ பாயசத்திலோ dive அடிக்காமல்
பல்லி கை விரல்கள் மீது தானே ஓடியது!

அது ஒரு நல்ல பல்லி தான்! விடுங்கள் !

Too funny!!! :lol:

As you said, as long as lizard has not dived into milk, payasam, curd, sambar or rasam, there is nothing to be worried about. And off course, such lizards are truly very good lizards..LOL!!!

Hi,

A lizard climbed my left fingers ( covered all four of them ) and went down the wall when i was doing my house chores. Does anyone know the implication ?

Regards,
Rampriya

Wash that spot with soap and water. You should be safe. If it bit you you should take medical help.
I do not believe in omens.

Hi,

A lizard climbed my left fingers ( covered all four of them ) and went down the wall when i was doing my house chores. Does anyone know the implication ?

Regards,
Rampriya

hi rampriya,

my aunt believes in palli josyam. used to drive her family nuts in the process.

it all depends on what time the palli was facing, and what direction, when it makes it usual tsk tsk tsk sounds.

in your case, it would be the direction in which it climbed, ie easttowest or vice versa, northtosouth or viceversa, the time and also the direction of your left fingers.

did it leave it execrement as that too has an impact - ie the white part (good) or the black part (bad).

personally, i am scared on omens. which is why i would rather not know. for knowledge in this case, when you dont want to believe, causes tension. and tension is the source of all sickness and mental ailments.

so, if you really want to know the impact, i can put you in touch with my aunt, who is an expert.

or, you can term this incident, as an accident of the palli slipping from its ceiling, same as humans slip on the ground and fall.

upto you.

by the way, seeing a palli eating a cockroach is a good sign. does not matter the time or direction. amazing how a small palli can finish off a fair sized cockroach almost as large as it is, leaving behind only the antlers, which when dropped on the floor, can still be seen twitching. some pieces of life never give up i guess.

best wishes...

Last edited:
Wow i never knew pallis eat cockroaches. We get pallis in my home all the time and they usually went for the poor old slow moving moths! I used to desperately try to save them moths, usually by distracting the palli waving my hands! Didn't work. Pallis clearly weren't afraid of me!

Wow i never knew pallis eat cockroaches. We get pallis in my home all the time and they usually went for the poor old slow moving moths! I used to desperately try to save them moths, usually by distracting the palli waving my hands! Didn't work. Pallis clearly weren't afraid of me!

amala, folks,

you should try wearing a bhootha mask or something scary. i have heard pallis are scared of such stuff. they have very sharp eyes and also are timid enough to be scared of bright colours or something big and heavy moving towards them.

or make one hell of a noise. pallis cant stand noise either. since palli has no ears, the noise has to be transmitted through vibrations - ie stomping heavily on the floor, or banging on the walls or even by hitting hard on a paathram with an aappai.

a little whispery choo choo choo with wild wave of the arms, will not work with our fellow.

but never palli in the eye. they will throw curse, which will be handed down for 7 generations :(

the biggest pallis i have seen, are in hawaii. these are called gekkoes and are about a foot long. also they are the state reptile or something of hawaii ie some recognition given to them. too bad we tend to despise our pallis as something useless. they do keep moths at bay.

and on rainy days, when we have those rainflies infesting, it is indeed a palli feast. those critters can put away what seems like twenty or thirty in one sitting. ...

oops i almost forgot - in getting ready to leave one house for another, palli cuts its own tail and leaves it behind. it is good fortune to locate the cut tail. so far i know nobody who has found one..i bet everyone has seen a palli with a cut tail, but did not know the reason :)

let us wait for other palli stories.

Last edited:
oops i almost forgot - in getting ready to leave one house for another, palli cuts its own tail and leaves it behind. it is good fortune to locate the cut tail. so far i know nobody who has found one..i bet everyone has seen a palli with a cut tail, but did not know the reason

Not good for the palli. It severs its tail to distract the attacker as a last desperate act. The severed tail will twitch for few minutes very violently, and the palli will try to make discrete exit. If you see a palli with its tail missing you are seeing a lucky palli that escaped being killed.

Thanks for the inputs prasad , i dont believe in omens , but in this case my parents are aged and i would like to know if it will affect them.

The lizard climbed on my fingers when i was facing south and went from left to right .. so went from east to west i guess and after i reacted ... went downward and into some toys. Is this information enough ?

-rampriya

hi rampriya,

my aunt believes in palli josyam. used to drive her family nuts in the process.

it all depends on what time the palli was facing, and what direction, when it makes it usual tsk tsk tsk sounds.

in your case, it would be the direction in which it climbed, ie easttowest or vice versa, northtosouth or viceversa, the time and also the direction of your left fingers.

did it leave it execrement as that too has an impact - ie the white part (good) or the black part (bad).

personally, i am scared on omens. which is why i would rather not know. for knowledge in this case, when you dont want to believe, causes tension. and tension is the source of all sickness and mental ailments.

so, if you really want to know the impact, i can put you in touch with my aunt, who is an expert.

or, you can term this incident, as an accident of the palli slipping from its ceiling, same as humans slip on the ground and fall.

upto you.

by the way, seeing a palli eating a cockroach is a good sign. does not matter the time or direction. amazing how a small palli can finish off a fair sized cockroach almost as large as it is, leaving behind only the antlers, which when dropped on the floor, can still be seen twitching. some pieces of life never give up i guess.

best wishes...

I got this from Gowri Panchangam...We used to follow the Pambu Panjangam...There too I have noticed the explanation for the Palli Palan

பல்லி விழும் பலன்கள்

உறுப்பு
இடம்
வலம்
உறுப்பு
இடம்
வலம்
தலை
துன்பம்
கலகம்
நெற்றி
கீர்த்தி
லக்ஷ்மிகரம்
வயிறு
மகிழ்ச்சி
தானியம்
முதுகு
கவலை
நஷ்டம்
கண்
பயம்
சுகம்
தோல்
வெற்றி
வெற்றி
பிருஷ்டம்
செல்வம்
சுகம்
கபாலம்
வரவு
வரவு
கணுக்கால்
பயணம்
செலவு
மூக்கு
கவலை
வியாதி
மணிக்கட்டு
கீர்த்தி
பீடை
தொடை
சஞ்சலம்
நகம்
நஷ்டம்
செலவு
காது
லாபம்
ஆயுள்
மார்பு
சுகம்
லாபம்
கழுத்து
வெற்றி
பகை

I got a much elaborate one in English which also differentiates the impact on male & female:

Effects of Lizard Falling on body parts of men and women in Hindu Astrology: Palli Dosham or Ballipaatu Dosham

Lizard Astrology (Palli Dosha shastram / Gowli Pathana Shastram) is a part of Hindu Astrology which tells the effects of lizard falling on body parts of men and women. Most of the Hindus believe in it.The effects of the lizard falling formen and women are different as per the shastra. ‘Muhurat Martand’ also explains these effects. Here are the effects of lizard falling on men and women..

Lizard Falling Effect on Men
Head Dispute or clash is on cards
Top head Afraid of death (Mrithyu bhayam)
Face Financial profits (Dhana laabham)
Left eye You may have a good news (Shubha vartha sravanam)
Right eye Un-successful / Fail / Lost something
Forehead Lack of involvement /
Separation
from beloved
Right cheek You may have a bad news (durvartha sravanam)
Left ear Beneficial / gain of Income (dhana laabham)
Upper Lip Quarrel
Lower Lip Expect
financial gain

Both lips together
Fear of death / Be ready for death news
Mouth Fear of bad health
condition

Left of the backside Victory / Gain
Night dreams Fear of king or Ruler
Wrist Beautification / Modification
Arm Financial loss / Failure
Fingers Chance of meeting old friends
Right arm Trouble / Complexity
Left arm May bring shame on you
Thighs Loss of clothing (Vasthra nashtam)
Mustache Difficult time ahead
Foot Difficult time ahead
Back foot Get ready for a journey
Toes
Physical illness

Lizard Falling Effects on Women
Head Afraid of death
Hair Knot Worry about sickness
Left eye Get love from your man
Right eye Creates mental stress
Right cheek Male child may born
Upper Right ear Financial profits
Upper lip Be ready for disputes
Lower lip You’ll get new things
Both lips together Quarrel or dispute is on cards
Backside Expect death news
Nails Conflicts / Arguments
Hands Expect financial profits
Left hand Creates mental stress
Fingers Get
ornaments
(Abharana laabham)
Right arm Romance ahead
Shoulders Getting ornaments (Abharana laabam)
Thighs Expect romance
Knees Fondness / Affection
Ankle Complexity / Trouble
Calf of the leg Expect visitors

The only time you have a problem with Pallis is if they fall into the Sambar.

Cute little guys. You should watch them catch their prey. Stealth and patience

One of my relatives had come from U.S. Their small girl had never seen a palli before. She was standing there and watching one. Suddenly we were all sort of shocked when she shouted "Hey. It moves." She thought it is a wall decoration.

The only time you have a problem with Pallis is if they fall into the Sambar.

Cute little guys. You should watch them catch their prey. Stealth and patience

One of my relatives had come from U.S. Their small girl had never seen a palli before. She was standing there and watching one. Suddenly we were all sort of shocked when she shouted "Hey. It moves." She thought it is a wall decoration.
hi
when my son came from USA for summer vacation to chennnai...he saw palli....he was watching....he is scared of palli and

karapaan poochi....he never seen these lizard in usa....

hi
when my son came from USA for summer vacation to chennnai...he saw palli....he was watching....he is scared of palli and

karapaan poochi....he never seen these lizard in usa....

tbs Sir
I have not seen any lizard ( palli ) in US; and ever they see one, they will definitely research and find tablets/ sprays etc to eliminate them.

Hi,

Regards,
Rampriya

Hi,

Regards,

rampriyaji

It is good omen only as per this link : Fingers Get ornaments ( for women)

Lizard Dhosham

Believing or not believing it , is up to you only.

Cheers

Pest abound only in India!!!

Pests are living-in-guests for free for life (theirs or ours!!!)

A house with a lizard or cockroaches is unthinkable in USA.

When ants invaded my son's kitchen recently, my grand daughter
went around saying that we had brought them from India. :faint:

A child visited India for the first time and took a ride on a bull o' cart.
When the bull/ox started urinating the child exclaimed,
"Dad! This one leaks!!!"
He had assumed it to be new version of mechanized transport.

I find lizards cute..but I don't know why many girls are scared of them.

But I am scared of cockroaches! Somehow they love to fly and land on me.

I remember Raji maam saying something about a lizard that lived in her kitchen before in some post..I thought she had some name for it too.
I think it was Juju or something.

Anyway I once found a lizard in my refrigerator and it was cold but still alive.
So I did lizard CPR..wrapped him in some cloth and lightly massaged the cardiac area and put him out near the sunlight and he recovered.

I was told that cockroaches cause leprosy, is this true.

Cockroaches carry many types of bacteria cos they are mechanical vectors to transmit pathogens.
What ever they crawl on sticks to their body and they can transmit it.

Mycobacterium Leprae(bacteria that causes Leprosy) is an airborne disease.
Even if a cockroach has Mycobacteria Leprae stuck to it..it has to be in at least some large quantity to be able to transmit it.

It all depends where the Cockroach is staying.
If the Cockroach is staying in a colony of Lepers than chances of it carrying it on its body parts is higher.
The Mycobacteria Leprae bacteria does not invade the body of the Cockroach..it just sticks on the body of it just like how mud sticks to our shoes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back