Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Mahens is offline Newbie
    Points: 1,956, Level: 5
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Points
    1,956
    Level
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    moola nakshatra female rituals or pooja or dosha

    Hi,
    Recently i got married(arranged marriage), after marriage (within span of 2 days) there are some conflicts with my parents and bride's parents due to personal egos. We didnot had intercourse for one month, though my parent had setup 3 nights for us. Latter my mom questioned me regarding intercourse, I have said 'NO'. Latter my mother got doubt on my wife nakshatra and spoke with one of my well known Brahmin, As per Brahmin, he said my wife nakshatra is moola , that's the reason for all these conflicts etc. Though before the marriage , My parents asked my wife's Parent regarding girls nakshatra, They told us wrong time and wrong nakshatra of the Girl . After doing internet search, it has been said that Moola nakshatra girls should not be married. I think my wife might belong to 3rd or 4th pada of Moola. Feature of Moola nakshatra are perfectly matching with my Wife Characteristics . Some of them says, it will be problem to father or mother. Some say Girl bring ill will to the house, loosing health and wealth.

    So My question is Are there any rituals or dosha Pooja to be perform to mitigate the effect of the girl. I heard that visiting lord sarabeshwara swamy temple near kumbakonam will relieve from all this doshaas.. Are there any other temples to visit apart from Navagrah and sarabeshwara swamy. Please do let me know as early as possible.

    -Mahens
  2. #2
    sarma-61 is offline Active Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    453
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahens View Post
    Hi,
    Recently i got married(arranged marriage), after marriage (within span of 2 days) there are some conflicts with my parents and bride's parents due to personal egos. We didnot had intercourse for one month, though my parent had setup 3 nights for us. Latter my mom questioned me regarding intercourse, I have said 'NO'. Latter my mother got doubt on my wife nakshatra and spoke with one of my well known Brahmin, As per Brahmin, he said my wife nakshatra is moola , that's the reason for all these conflicts etc. Though before the marriage , My parents asked my wife's Parent regarding girls nakshatra, They told us wrong time and wrong nakshatra of the Girl . After doing internet search, it has been said that Moola nakshatra girls should not be married. I think my wife might belong to 3rd or 4th pada of Moola. Feature of Moola nakshatra are perfectly matching with my Wife Characteristics . Some of them says, it will be problem to father or mother. Some say Girl bring ill will to the house, loosing health and wealth.

    So My question is Are there any rituals or dosha Pooja to be perform to mitigate the effect of the girl. I heard that visiting lord sarabeshwara swamy temple near kumbakonam will relieve from all this doshaas.. Are there any other temples to visit apart from Navagrah and sarabeshwara swamy. Please do let me know as early as possible.

    -Mahens
    Shri Mahens sir,

    I see you and your parents have been "tricked" into marrying a moola nakshatra girl, somehow. So, to tell you honestly, you and your family will have to suffer the results. There is no escape at all. According to our brahmin belief, "moolatthin maamiyaar moolayilE" meaning, the mother-in-law of the moola nakshatra girl will become a widow and will be confined to a corner of the house.

    One of my very good-natured relatives was convinced by some of his friends speaking "modernism" and, because of their arguments, he agreed for the marriage of his son to a Moolanakshatram girl. Within two months he died and the saying came true - his wife was widowed. But because we brahmins are now in a "thrisanku" stage - have left all our old customs and beliefs by "kutharkkams", and not having completely accepted the Saahib's way of European lifestyle completely - the girl has been creating all possible problems for the family. She has, for example, made her husband sell off property worth crores without giving share to his brother and sister. The case (among) between the brothers and sister will now start. The poor widowed mother suffered for long, even lack of food (because the daughter-in-law was so cruel) and died some time back. That is why our old people used to say, "peN moolam nirmoolam".

    I think the only way out for you is to become a sanyasi, meet the legal steps if taken by the wife and put all your trust in God.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  4. #3
    shankar_g_i is offline Newbie
    Points: 1,485, Level: 4
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    Points
    1,485
    Level
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dear All,

    My reply may not answer the question on hand... but just wanted to clarify a few issues. recently happened to listen to a discourse of a swamigal (panduranga bhaktar). He clarified that there are two misconceptions regarding moola nakshatram:
    1) Aan moolam arasalum( a male born in moolam star will rule) - whereas the actual saying is "aani moolam arasalum" (a person borm in moolam star in the month of Aani will rule)
    2) Pen moolam nirmoolam( a female born in moolam star will suffer) - wheras actual saying is "Pin moolam nirmoolam"( a person born in later i.e 3rd or 4th paadam of moolam will suffer)

    Regards




    Quote Originally Posted by sarma-61 View Post
    Shri Mahens sir,

    I see you and your parents have been "tricked" into marrying a moola nakshatra girl, somehow. So, to tell you honestly, you and your family will have to suffer the results. There is no escape at all. According to our brahmin belief, "moolatthin maamiyaar moolayilE" meaning, the mother-in-law of the moola nakshatra girl will become a widow and will be confined to a corner of the house.

    One of my very good-natured relatives was convinced by some of his friends speaking "modernism" and, because of their arguments, he agreed for the marriage of his son to a Moolanakshatram girl. Within two months he died and the saying came true - his wife was widowed. But because we brahmins are now in a "thrisanku" stage - have left all our old customs and beliefs by "kutharkkams", and not having completely accepted the Saahib's way of European lifestyle completely - the girl has been creating all possible problems for the family. She has, for example, made her husband sell off property worth crores without giving share to his brother and sister. The case (among) between the brothers and sister will now start. The poor widowed mother suffered for long, even lack of food (because the daughter-in-law was so cruel) and died some time back. That is why our old people used to say, "peN moolam nirmoolam".

    I think the only way out for you is to become a sanyasi, meet the legal steps if taken by the wife and put all your trust in God.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  6. #4
    DR.C.NARAYANI is offline Senior Member
    Points: 3,575, Level: 6
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    CHENNAI
    Posts
    530
    Points
    3,575
    Level
    6
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    hello to all ,we all must remember one thing in common ,this is a common stage like ,where we can share ,disscuss ,gain informations .so we have to think twice before we pass on a comment .according to post 1 ,he is willing to get rid of the problem &wants us to guide him right ,so we have to be too very careful on giving suggestions .(we say so many known examples that we come across in life .but we should not confuse him )according to theory of karma ,what we are now is what ,we had done in past karmas .ie life ,health ,relations ,etc .according to astrology ,there are doshas as one time doshas ,so i can suggest you mr.mahens to go and meet a reputed astrologer &seek help ,but before i suggest you can have a frank &open talk with your wife &try to know whats her problems physical ,emotional ,etc .but be true to yourself &do not cheat yourself,its your life ,live it happily .good luck cheers.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  8. #5
    Brahmanyan's Avatar
    Brahmanyan is offline Veteran
    Points: 18,287, Level: 14
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,363
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassRecommendation First Class
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    2,070
    Points
    18,287
    Level
    14
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    5

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.C.NARAYANI View Post
    hello to all ,we all must remember one thing in common ,this is a common stage like ,where we can share ,disscuss ,gain informations .so we have to think twice before we pass on a comment .according to post 1 ,he is willing to get rid of the problem &wants us to guide him right ,so we have to be too very careful on giving suggestions .(we say so many known examples that we come across in life .but we should not confuse him )according to theory of karma ,what we are now is what ,we had done in past karmas .ie life ,health ,relations ,etc .according to astrology ,there are doshas as one time doshas ,so i can suggest you mr.mahens to go and meet a reputed astrologer &seek help ,but before i suggest you can have a frank &open talk with your wife &try to know whats her problems physical ,emotional ,etc .but be true to yourself &do not cheat yourself,its your life ,live it happily .good luck cheers.
    Dear Doctor,

    I agree with your views, that our life is determined by our own Karma (actions). There is no good or bad nakshatra in creation. All problems are our own making. With faith in God and devotion to partner we can solve all problems and lead a contented life. I have known many couples with wife born in Moola Nakshatram lead very happy life with all the inlaws.

    Regards,
    Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  10. #6
    renuka's Avatar
    renuka is online now Veteran
    Points: 50,883, Level: 23
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,867
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16,766
    Points
    50,883
    Level
    23
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    I am starting to wonder how come there is no Nakshatra for a male that if he marries a woman, his Father In Law or Mother In Law will die?

    Becos technically speaking the effects of Nakshtra shouldnt be gender specific?

    I wonder???
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  12. #7
    KRS
    KRS is offline Super Moderator
    Points: 13,454, Level: 12
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    Points
    13,454
    Level
    12
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dear Sri Mahens Ji,

    You said:
    So My question is Are there any rituals or dosha Pooja to be perform to mitigate the effect of the girl. I heard that visiting lord sarabeshwara swamy temple near kumbakonam will relieve from all this doshaas.. Are there any other temples to visit apart from Navagrah and sarabeshwara swamy. Please do let me know as early as possible.
    Forget about everything regarding horoscopes. You are married now.

    So, your dharma is to fulfill your marriage, start loving your wife and then worry about your parents' feelings. Support your wife. Otherwise, the person who is going to be hurt is going to be YOU.

    Marriage happened because it is pre ordained. But you can change your karma through your action. So, don't worry about Nakshatra etc., do your primary duty as a married man.

    I am saying this as a person who believes in Hindu Astrology!

    Regards,
    KRS
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  14. #8
    Raji Ram's Avatar
    Raji Ram is offline Veteran
    Points: 58,308, Level: 25
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 4,042
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdriveThree Friends
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,836
    Points
    58,308
    Level
    25
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Exclamation

    All nakshathrams are good. My brother in law's daughter was rejected by many boys living in India because of her star: moolam.

    She married an NRI, whose parents had no inhibitions about this star. She is blessed with a baby boy and lives happily with

    her in-laws. Similarly, my husband's cousin's wife is born in Ayilyam star and she loves her parents-in-law just as her own

    parents. Please do not add stigma to any star and spoil the lives of girls.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  16. #9
    C RAVI's Avatar
    C RAVI is offline Veteran
    Points: 13,573, Level: 12
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DUBAI
    Posts
    3,738
    Points
    13,573
    Level
    12
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Dear Mr.Mahens,


    One should not consider that a girl just born in Moola Nakshatra 3rd/4th pada would bring troubles in Married life and to the groom's family.


    As per vedic astrology girls/boys born in certain padas of certain Nakshatras would be considered effected negatively and would bring troubles to one's family and that of their partners.


    Girls born in such Nakshatra in certain padas are considered as Visha Kanya. Visha Kanya simply means a girl who is supposed to bring prosperity and growth of one's own family and that of her partner, will be devoid of such positivity.


    Guys born in such nakshatras/padas would bring in problems, down fall, no growth kinda issues to one's own parents/family.


    The above are the basic as per Indian Vedic Astrology.


    To have the negative impact of being born in specific nakshatras and specific padas, some more parameters should get aligned to have the dosha and its negative impact, fructified.


    As far as Moolam Nakshatram is concerned, the dosha would be existing, if the girl is born in the 3rd or 4th pada of the nakshatra along with the following factors -

    1) Born on TUESDAY, when the moon is poistioned in the 3rd or 4th pada of Moolam Nakshatram

    2) Janma Lagna is hemmed between the two inimical planets


    3) The Second, Fifth, Seventh and Ninth house are badly effected with the placement of inimical planets, association, aspects, placement in foe's house etc.

    4) Presence of Kalathra Dosham/Chevvai dosham/Sukkran or Guru with Rahu.


    Having the above configuration would lead to disturbances, querrels, unexpected & irreversible damage to the native, native's family, married life, spouse and spouse family.

    Placement of Jupiter in a powerful situation in a birth chart is enough to mitigate the evel influences of this yoga.


    To wardoff the evil effects and bring about the positivity, a shanti homan to Shukran/venus in Kanjanoor, Kumbakonam; to Chevvai/Mars in Vaitheesawarn temple, Mayiladuthurai; to Guru/Jupiter in Aalangudi, Kumbakonam and to Chandran/Moon in Thingaloor, Kumbakonam would help.


    Abhishekam/Preethi to Rahu in Thirunaageshwaram koil, Kumbakonam is the must if Rahu/Ketu are the participants in the fomation of this Dosha. Or you can visit Kalahasthi and do Sarpa Poojai. You and your wife can participate together and perform this nivarthi poojai in Kalahasthi, for Rahu and Ketu.

    Dear Mr.Mahens,

    You are married and you should lead a happy married life with your wife. From you post, I can well understand that, you want to solve the issues and be living happily with our wife. Each one of us are destined to live our life in a specific way and these ways includes a another person in our life as our partner.

    Since you have the belief in God, Pariharams, i would suggest you to consult a Kerala astrologer/Panikar for a thorough analysis and get to know the pariharams. There is nothing wrong to do some remedial measures without getting fooled, misleaded and threatened by some. You just need to be careful in identifying the right person being your own judge and using your intuition.

    Moreover doing pooja in these temples not gonna harm you any way. Just make sure that you are not convinced to pay some hefty money to have remedial measures performed by some one, for you on your behalf.
    Last edited by C RAVI; 20-01-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    Cheers.........


    ANBE SHIVAM...
    ----------------------------------
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  18. #10
    renuka's Avatar
    renuka is online now Veteran
    Points: 50,883, Level: 23
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,867
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16,766
    Points
    50,883
    Level
    23
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sarma-61 View Post
    Shri Mahens sir,

    I see you and your parents have been "tricked" into marrying a moola nakshatra girl, somehow. So, to tell you honestly, you and your family will have to suffer the results. There is no escape at all. According to our brahmin belief, "moolatthin maamiyaar moolayilE" meaning, the mother-in-law of the moola nakshatra girl will become a widow and will be confined to a corner of the house.

    One of my very good-natured relatives was convinced by some of his friends speaking "modernism" and, because of their arguments, he agreed for the marriage of his son to a Moolanakshatram girl. Within two months he died and the saying came true - his wife was widowed. But because we brahmins are now in a "thrisanku" stage - have left all our old customs and beliefs by "kutharkkams", and not having completely accepted the Saahib's way of European lifestyle completely - the girl has been creating all possible problems for the family. She has, for example, made her husband sell off property worth crores without giving share to his brother and sister. The case (among) between the brothers and sister will now start. The poor widowed mother suffered for long, even lack of food (because the daughter-in-law was so cruel) and died some time back. That is why our old people used to say, "peN moolam nirmoolam".

    I think the only way out for you is to become a sanyasi, meet the legal steps if taken by the wife and put all your trust in God.
    dear Sarma Ji,

    Just try to see this situation imagining if we were the parent of the girl.
    Would we advocate the same advise if it was our daughter with the Moola Nakshataram ?
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •