• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thiruvannamalai Visit - Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Forum Friends,

Pranams! Hope the Vikrudhi year has started on a positive note to one and all.
I am traveling from Bangalore to Neyveli tomorrow night and planning to come to tiruvannamalai with family on saturday evening.

I had dharshan of Sri Annamalai, at least 15 years back. So am sure the spritual town would have changed a lot. I have read the other thread about the girivalam at this holy town. Still, I need some information regarding stay and doing girivalam this sunday.

1. How about staying at Ramanashram or any other mutt than in a lodge? If you have some contact numbers, please share.

2. Will Sunday early morning, say 4.30 AM, be ideal to start the girivalam?

3. Is there any spritually important time to have dharshan of Sri. Arunachaleswara? Since in Tiruvanaikovil, it would be a pleasure to watch the gurukkal dressing like Ambal and doing 'Uchchi Kala poojai' to Lord Jambukeswarar. I am asking in that view point.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Annamalaiyanukku Arohara!!

Sriram,

My replies are in blue

Dear Forum Friends,

Pranams! Hope the Vikrudhi year has started on a positive note to one and all.
I am traveling from Bangalore to Neyveli tomorrow night and planning to come to tiruvannamalai with family on saturday evening.

I had dharshan of Sri Annamalai, at least 15 years back. So am sure the spritual town would have changed a lot. I have read the other thread about the girivalam at this holy town. Still, I need some information regarding stay and doing girivalam this sunday.

1. How about staying at Ramanashram or any other mutt than in a lodge? If you have some contact numbers, please share.

You can stay at Seshadri Swamigal Ashram also. It is next to Ramanasramam.

2. Will Sunday early morning, say 4.30 AM, be ideal to start the girivalam?

Saturday evening is better for Girivalam as night approaches, it will be cool. Morning may become very hot.

3. Is there any spritually important time to have dharshan of Sri. Arunachaleswara? Since in Tiruvanaikovil, it would be a pleasure to watch the gurukkal dressing like Ambal and doing 'Uchchi Kala poojai' to Lord Jambukeswarar. I am asking in that view point.

You can see Arunachaleswarar anytime. Smaranath Arunachale. Have darshan on Sunday morning since you will be tired after Girivalam.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Annamalaiyanukku Arohara!!

Tiruvaruril Piranthal Mukthi,
Thillayai Dharisithal Mukthi,
Kasiyil Iranthal Mukthi,
Thiruvannamalayai Ninaithale Mukthi

All the best

Last edited:
namaskarams(.) some useful phone #'s are: (04175 is the code) 253292, 250200 (Ramana Ashram), 224999 (SeshadriSwamigal Ashram): Have a great week-end! regards, rj.

Dear Mr.Sriram

Happened to read your post here. I also grew up in Neyveli and studied at jawahar.

Did you also grow up in Neyveli?
good to connect here
Best regards
Karthikeyan

Happy to hear from you Mr.Karthikeyan. I am a native of Koothur near Thiruvaiyaru and settled in Trichy. I had attended my sister-in-law's wedding yesterday at Neyveli and I am visiting them again in the weekend to pick my family.

It was nice talking to you.

Sriram,

Contact details of Sri Seshadri Swamigal Ashram

[SIZE=-1]Mr. Muthukumar, Advocate
Sri Seshadri Swamigal Ashram
Tiruvannamalai- 606 603, India

PHONE: +91 (4175) 236 999 \

Swamigal:: home

All the best
[/SIZE]

Dear Venkataramani Sir, Keyan Sir , RajuVish Sir & Swaminatha Sharma Sir,

With the grace of Lord Arunachaleswara, i was able to get a great dharshan as well as do the girivalam both on saturday and Sunday.
Of course, on sunday we did in an auto as that is my three and half years old daughter Bhavana's favorite vehicle!

I sincerely thank all of you for your great support and timely help !

..(From Tiruvannamalai)

Will be back in Bangalore tomorrow and will try to share the experience in detail.
Annamalaikku Arohara

Sriram,

Contact details of Sri Seshadri Swamigal Ashram

[SIZE=-1]Mr. Muthukumar, Advocate [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sri Seshadri Swamigal Ashram [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Tiruvannamalai- 606 603, India [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]PHONE: +91 (4175) 236 999 \[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Swamigal:: home[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]All the best[/SIZE]

Namasthe,
I gone through all the corres. said above. Really I felt happy to accept that we are not isolated, yes, we are always united.
pranams,
Ohm Namah Shivaaya.

Gd of u to get back with a post on ur visit to Thiruvannamalai, Sriram-ji: lk forwrd to ur next post! (i may, God Willing, spend a day or two in Thiruvannamalai end of the month, en route to chennai) : regards, lvngly, rj

Gd of u to get back with a post on ur visit to Thiruvannamalai, Sriram-ji: lk forwrd to ur next post! (i may, God Willing, spend a day or two in Thiruvannamalai end of the month, en route to chennai) : regards, lvngly, rj

Sri Rajuvish,

Book accommodation at Sathguru Seshadri Swamigal Ashram in advance. Ramanashramam is mostly crowded with foreigners and may be difficult to get accommodation. Both are adjacent to each other and are equally good.

One of my friend gave a good contact at the temple and Sriram just now told me that he had excellent darshan. You can use the same contact as he is the Chief Gurukkal of the temple.

Any further help, please contact me.

All the best

Sri Sriram

Greetings!

Good to hear about your successful giri valam and blessings of the Lord

All the best and stay in touch
Karthikeyan

namaskarams(.) thank you all for the guidance so thoughtfully, lovingly, provided. i had a good trip, good 'darshan': it so happened that in SatguruSeshadriSwami Asramam, there was a wedding and birthday celebration of Sri Muthukumaran, on the day(s) of my visit, but, by God's Grace, Ramanasramam gave me accommodation. refreshing experience, in true sense, being in the Asramam, being in Thiruvannamalai, for whatever time one can budget for that kind of 'break'! regards, lvngly, rj.

namashkar! there is so much peace&joy stored in every inch in the Asramam premises, all over ThiruAnnamalai: one can spend hours just looking at the cattle (there is always a Lakshmi there, i am told!), peacocks and dogs and trees, and, gradually grow into the serenity of the 'halls', the places of worship and meditation! on another plane, the administration and leadership seem to be commendable. pranaams, regards: lvngly, rj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back