Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    sarang is offline Veteran
    Points: 11,808, Level: 11
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maharashtra
    Posts
    3,393
    Points
    11,808
    Level
    11
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0

    India's Billionaires.

    Vaishyas lead the list of indian billionaires, as per forbes magazine ranking.

    "They are under 1% of India 's population. Yet, 26 of the 55 are baniyas!

    India 's richest man is a Baniya (Lakshmi Mittal, world's sixth richest
    with $31.1 billion),
    India 's second richest man is a Baniya (Mukesh Ambani, $27 billion),
    India 's third richest man is a Khoja (Azim Premji, $16.8 billion),
    India 's fourth richest men are Baniyas (Shashi and Ravi Ruia, $15.8
    billion),
    India 's fifth richest person is a Baniya (Savitri Jindal, $13.2
    billion),
    India 's sixth richest man is a Baniya (Gautam Adani, $10 billion),
    India 's 7th richest man is a Baniya (Kumar Mangalam Birla, $9.2
    billion),
    India 's eighth richest man is a Baniya (Anil Ambani, $8.8 billion),
    India 's ninth richest man is a Baniya (Sunil Mittal, $8.3 billion).
    India 's 10th richest man is a Parsi (Adi Godrej, world's 130th richest
    with $7.3 billion).

    Score: Baniyas 8, Rest of India 2."
  2. #2
    prasad1's Avatar
    prasad1 is online now Veteran
    Points: 31,688, Level: 18
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entryOverdriveVeteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,301
    Points
    31,688
    Level
    18
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Are Baniya's Indians?

    Mr. Sarang what is your fascination with birth based groupings. Are you saying that these men would not have been rich, except for their birth in that Baniya class. Some how you make it look their birth to be vulgar.

    Or are you chiding us non-baniyas that we can never be rich?
    I thought I will not respond to you and your comments, but somehow your birth based division rile me. You fail to recognize individuals achievements.

    Mr. Bill Gates, Mr. Slim, Mr. Walton, or Mr. Buffet were not born baniyas.

    I understand some of these rich people are rich because of family wealth, but have increased the wealth by their intelligence and work.
    You by posting comments of this nature show your need to somehow put down their wealth, or their intelligence.
    Why do we need to post about division among PIO, on birth based caste system. Caste system has been used to divide us, or for political purpose. It is never used to unite us.

    Just because politicians use it to get their vote bank, it is not justified to divide us.
    Last edited by prasad1; 24-06-2012 at 02:11 AM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  4. #3
    biswa is offline Veteran
    Points: 7,457, Level: 9
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,683
    Points
    7,457
    Level
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Self fulfilling prophecy?
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  6. #4
    sarang is offline Veteran
    Points: 11,808, Level: 11
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maharashtra
    Posts
    3,393
    Points
    11,808
    Level
    11
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    vulgarity is in your mind; better study, understand, and reflect. Differentiation is not discrimination. If you want a shapeless, faceless blob, it is your privilege. Don't respond with verbose insults.

    they are rich, self made and are from bania community. They would not have been rich if not not born in a bania community is an irrelevant question or observation. Your logic is perverted.

    Whether they represent and observe values and traditions of their community is more relevant.

    You can shout, 'i am not a brahmin', and 'i don't subscribe to brahminical values and practices', who cares!

    In future, restrict your comments to the issue raised instead of addressing person oriented comments. You never learn, despite being told by so many in so many words.


    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    Are Baniya's Indians?

    Mr. Sarang what is your fascination with birth based groupings. Are you saying that these men would not have been rich, except for their birth in that Baniya class. Some how you make it look their birth to be vulgar.

    Or are you chiding us non-baniyas that we can never be rich?
    I thought I will not respond to you and your comments, but somehow your birth based division rile me. You fail to recognize individuals achievements.

    Mr. Bill Gates, Mr. Slim, Mr. Walton, or Mr. Buffet were not born baniyas.

    I understand some of these rich people are rich because of family wealth, but have increased the wealth by their intelligence and work.
    You by posting comments of this nature show your need to somehow put down their wealth, or their intelligence.
    Why do we need to post about division among PIO, on birth based caste system. Caste system has been used to divide us, or for political purpose. It is never used to unite us.

    Just because politicians use it to get their vote bank, it is not justified to divide us.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  8. #5
    prasad1's Avatar
    prasad1 is online now Veteran
    Points: 31,688, Level: 18
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entryOverdriveVeteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,301
    Points
    31,688
    Level
    18
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sarang View Post
    vulgarity is in your mind; better study, understand, and reflect. Differentiation is not discrimination. If you want a shapeless, faceless blob, it is your privilege. Don't respond with verbose insults.

    they are rich, self made and are from bania community. They would not have been rich if not not born in a bania community is an irrelevant question or observation. Your logic is perverted.

    Whether they represent and observe values and traditions of their community is more relevant.

    You can shout, 'i am not a brahmin', and 'i don't subscribe to brahminical values and practices', who cares!

    In future, restrict your comments to the issue raised instead of addressing person oriented comments. You never learn, despite being told by so many in so many words.
    Your sense of being insulted is ridicules. You are the one trying to divide the community on some caste based divisions. The community has moved on from that. You could have quoted a statistics that is uplifting to all Indian of different ethnic, state, and religion. Instead of celebrating the diversity you seem to enjoy pitting one region against another, or one caste against another.

    You must be another of those politicians, what else can I say.

    You could have posted the same list and said The top 10 Indians, it would have been so nice, instead you had to brand them as Baniyas.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  10. #6
    sarang is offline Veteran
    Points: 11,808, Level: 11
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maharashtra
    Posts
    3,393
    Points
    11,808
    Level
    11
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    @prasadji.
    You never learn, do you? It will be wise to restrict your comments on the issues only in future. By the way gandhi was a baniya, and he was proud of his caste; he supported varnasrama.

    This was the response in another forum:

    "
    I think one needs to analyse the facts differently.

    1. Why are they all Banias? or Vaishyas?

    Simple, they are the business caste and have the family capital and the skills for it since times immemorial. They have had networks all over India.

    They may come from Rajasthan and Gujarat (that is their mool sthana only is Marwar and vicinity) but they are settled all over India and in all the business capitals and have been so, in all times in history.

    This has been the positive side of the varna vyavasthaa or the so called caste system, that it preserved
    not only the family stock/capital in trade, it also helped the education of the trade through the connections.

    Thousands of othe professions and skills were done the same way from Vedic chanting to medicine to archery and so on. Not that one varna did not cross over to other professions and created specialisations. It happened too, as the doing the family skill was the norm not a compulsion. So a Parashuram became a warrior, a Drona also an archer and a Vishwamitra became a sage.

    IT was not a simple strand but a complex web. Hope this clairifies or does it further confuse?
    svasti,
    bharat gupt
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  12. #7
    Brahmanyan's Avatar
    Brahmanyan is offline Veteran
    Points: 17,391, Level: 14
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,259
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassRecommendation First Class
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    1,997
    Points
    17,391
    Level
    14
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sarang View Post
    Vaishyas lead the list of indian billionaires, as per forbes magazine ranking.

    "They are under 1% of India 's population. Yet, 26 of the 55 are baniyas!

    Score: Baniyas 8, Rest of India 2."
    "Vyapare Vasathi Lakshmi" goes the saying. Goddess of wealth lives in business.
    Baniyas are Vysyas doing business for generations. Khojas are Muslims who are also
    businessmen can be classified as Kutchi- Baniyas. Even in South it is the small community
    of traders and bankers Nagarathaar known as Nattukkottai Chettiars are rich people.

    Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  14. #8
    venkat2206 is offline Member
    Points: 4,160, Level: 7
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    197
    Points
    4,160
    Level
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    If one really look at the results - these people who are in the variety of business always look for opportunities for their expansion. The fact that most of them happen to be from basis business community is quite irrelevant here. By expansion of their businesses they provide employment to millions of Indians - both directly and indirectly. May be in the initial stages, when Licence Raj was prevailing in the country some of these people might have obtained some permissions in questionable means. But now, inspite of majority family owned, these people are running their companies in a highly professional manner.

    The way and the magnitude in which they think is really commendable. Each of them have built such a vast organziation in which they are really give good competition to some of MNCs.


    Venkat
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  16. #9
    prasad1's Avatar
    prasad1 is online now Veteran
    Points: 31,688, Level: 18
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entryOverdriveVeteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,301
    Points
    31,688
    Level
    18
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by venkat2206 View Post
    If one really look at the results - these people who are in the variety of business always look for opportunities for their expansion. The fact that most of them happen to be from basis business community is quite irrelevant here. By expansion of their businesses they provide employment to millions of Indians - both directly and indirectly. May be in the initial stages, when Licence Raj was prevailing in the country some of these people might have obtained some permissions in questionable means. But now, inspite of majority family owned, these people are running their companies in a highly professional manner.

    The way and the magnitude in which they think is really commendable. Each of them have built such a vast organziation in which they are really give good competition to some of MNCs.


    Venkat
    Mr. Venketji,
    Very good observation. Indians have prospered all over the world. In the fertile environment of India they are doing excellent.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  18. #10
    prasad1's Avatar
    prasad1 is online now Veteran
    Points: 31,688, Level: 18
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entryOverdriveVeteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,301
    Points
    31,688
    Level
    18
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Gadkari's younger son Sarang weds in low-key affair
    Nagpur, Jun 24, 2012, (PTI)
    BJP national president Nitin Gadkari's younger son Sarang today tied the nupital knot with his class mate Madhura at a wedding hall in Mahal area in eastern part of city amidst chanting of vedic mantras.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •