• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shhradham/Tavasam - New House - Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have purchased a new house for which I propose to conduct Grahapravesam in Oct 2012 as suggested by Shri K. Gopalan sir.

I have a query, my grandfather's (ie father's father) Shhradham/Tavasam (13th year) is in December 2012. Can this be performed in the new house ?

My parents are of the opinion that Shhradham at least in the first year of Grahapravesam should not be performed in the new house.

Kindly clarify our doubts on the above query.

Regards
Srinivas Mani

P.S. : Please pardon if I have posted this query in the wrong forum.

You can perform the sratham of your grand father in the new house in december. Before that you can do Ganapathy homam/ chandy homam /sudarsana homam/ navagraha homam or some thing like this as subha homam and sathya narayana pooja/ bhaghavathy pooja which will satisfy your mind.

Thanks sir for your valuable advice. Any one of the above homams can be conducted prior to conducting sratham of my grandfather, rite?

Regards
Srinivas Mani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back