• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First Head shave for Baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Tanjore Vadama Brahmin. I would like to have first head shave of my grand son at Tirupathi. I would like to know whether it is to be done after completion of one year or before one year completion. What is the custom. Kindly enlighten me
You can perform "Aanduniraivu" at Tirupati alongside. You say you are a Thanjavur Vadama Brahmin. In all probability, your family must have a custom. The first "MOTTAI" is always as per family custom, either at Kuladaivam or any other place as practiced by your elders. If you are starting the custom, then you can do it at Tiruppathi as above. Wish you all the best.

I feel it is before completion of one year or after second birth day. This is as per my family tradition. We are also Tanjore vadama Brahmin.

In most families , the first tonsure of the child will be done before the family diety. we are also tanjore vadama brahmin . My family kula deivam is aerikarai mariamman which is in terilandoor where kamban got kali arul to write kamba ramayanam in tamil. For my children, first i went there for tonsure and then to thirupathy venkatachalapathy temple.

THis can be done before the completion of the first year itself or immediately after. In some families , this will be done in odd no. of years, first, third, fifth year. The baby will be gifted with a new dress for the occassion. As this being a vow on completion of the ceremony samaradhanai will be done.

As per the hair growth condition of your grand son you can do before or after the completion of one year. If your kula deivam is thirupathy venkatachalapathy you can go there for first headshave.

Good stars for tonsure are : aswathy, Rohini, Mirugaserusham, punapoosam,poosam, uthiram, anusham, chithirai, swathy, uthradam, thiruvonam, avittam, sadayam, uthiratadhi and revathy.

Good thithis are: dwithiyai; thruthiyai, panchami,sapthami, dasami, thrayodasi.

Good lagnams: rishabam, mithunam,kadagam, kanni, thulam, dhanus and meenam.

The eighth rasi from lagnam must be empty without any planets.

Do not do on the 3rd, 5 th and the 7th stars from the birth star of your grand son. wish you all the best.

Thanks. My Kuladeivam is Tirupathi Perumal only. Thanks Once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back