• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

நமது சாஸ்திரம் என்ன சொல்கிறது?

Status
Not open for further replies.
நமது சாஸ்திரம் என்ன சொல்கிறது?

அன்புடையீர்,அநேக கோடி நமஸ்காரங்கள். ஒரு குடும்பத்தில் நான்கு சகோதரர்கள்,இரண்டு சகோதரிகள். இரு சகோதரிகள் மற்றும் மூத்த சகோதரர் திருமணம் ஆனவர்கள். மூத்த சகோதரருக்கு ஒரு பெண் மகவு இருக்கிறது. அவருக்கு மனைவி இல்லை. அவரது மகளுக்குத் திருமணம் செய்வதென்றால் அவரே தாரை வார்த்துக் கொடுக்கலாமா அல்லது சகோதரிகளில் ஒருவரை தாரை வார்க்கச் செய்யலாமா? நமது சாஸ்திரம் என்ன சொல்கிறது? தெளிவாக விளக்கவும்.
அன்புடன்,
சந்திரசேகரன்.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,
Namaskaram.
The only possibility is the girl should be adopted to her Aunt's Gothram and the Groom's Gothram should be other than the adopted Gothram and the Gothram of her father.

I don't understand what is happening here! The same person asks a question and answers it!

It is like the 'sanchAri bhAvAs' shown by a classical dancer, taking the roles of two or more persons!! :drama:

I don't understand what is happening here! The same person asks a question and answers it!

It is like the 'sanchAri bhAvAs' shown by a classical dancer, taking the roles of two or more persons!! :drama:
hi RR madam,
this is jeevatma and paramatma samvadam....nothing else....some times to confuse others.....lol

........ this is jeevatma and paramatma samvadam....nothing else....
ஓஹோ! அப்படியா? எனக்கு எழுத ஏதோ கிடைத்தது.

இதோ எண்ண அலைகளில் நான் எழுதியது:

ஒரு புதிய யுக்தி!

இணையதளத்தில் ஏதேனும் ஓரிடத்தில், ஓர்

இழையினைத் தொடங்கச் சிலர் விழைவார்!

நான் இன்று கண்டதோ, வினோதமான யுக்தி!
தான் ஆரம்பித்த புதிய இழையிலே வினவிய

கேள்விக்கு, தானே பதில் எழுதி மகிழ்கின்றார்,
கேள்வியும் நானே பதிலும் நானே என ஒருவர்!

தன் அறிவுக்கு எட்டும் விளக்கங்களைப் பிறர்
தன் இழையிலே எழுத எதிர்பார்க்கின்றாரோ?

தன் பெயருடன் அஞ்சல் வருமென்று அறியாது,
தன் முயற்சிதனைச் செய்கின்றாரோ? அல்லது

வாசகர்கள் தங்கள் இரு காதுகளிலும், எடுத்து
வாசனைப் பூச் சூடுவாரென நினைக்கிறாரோ?

:noidea: . . . :dizzy:

Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram, Greetings.

I am not surprised. Our friend looks like my type of person. I do it all the time.

At home when I cook, most often than not, I would be one my own while others seriously focusing on the TV. I seldom watch TV. I could be cooking for 90 minutes to 120 minutes.. I just talk to my self. I hold a complete conversation between two persons, me being both persons! - questions, answers the whole works! Sometimes laugh too for my own jokes! One of the family members may say to me "sssshh!'. that would make me even laugh harder!

Recently I was holding a conversation between Krishna and Arjuna in Chennai Tamizh in the Gita upadesam scenario... that was one of the times my wife was silently watching me.... I don't know. one of these days I may end up at the other end in my facility! Only good thing is, I will be amoung friends! ( Happened before too. I was looking after a psychiatrist at one time! But he his case was drug induced though)... So, nothing surprises me! In my opinion, our friend is perfectly alright to hold a question and answer session all by himself!

Cheers!

Last edited:

I am not surprised. Our friend looks like my type of person. I do it all the time.

At home when I cook, most often than not, I would be one my own while others seriously focusing on the TV. I seldom watch TV. I could be cooking for 90 minutes to 120 minutes.. I just talk to my self. I hold a complete conversation between two persons, me being both persons! - questions, answers the whole works! Sometimes laugh too for my own jokes! One of the family members may say to me "sssshh!'. that would make me even laugh harder!

Recently I was holding a conversation between Krishna and Arjuna in Chennai Tamizh in the Gita upadesam scenario... that was one of the times my wife was silently watching me.... I don't know. one of these days I may end up at the other end in my facility! Only good thing is, I will be amoung friends! ( Happened before too. I was looking after a psychiatrist at one time! But he his case was drug induced though)... So, nothing surprises me! In my opinion, our friend is perfectly alright to hold a question and answer session all by himself!

Cheers!

Dear Raghy,

So it must be a treat watching you cook. My wife does the same thing though her conversation is with her personal God Krishna. If it is a short time preparation like upma it will be just Gopala Vimsati. If it is an extended session like cooking a full meal with rice, sambar, curry, koottu, paruppu, rasam etc., it will be either Dhaya Satakam or Paduka Sahasram. If it is a quickie like idli making it will be just Nyasa Dasakam. But it has to be a conversation with or stotram recitation about God. We have become so used to it that we know from the taste of the preparation as to what audio input went into it. On rare occasions when the electrostatic contraption in the exhaust struggles to handle the through-put of fumes she coughs and uses them as punctuation in her conversation/stotram. With every sneezing she says Krishna.

When I read your exploits in the kitchen I remembered this and posted though this has nothing to do with asking and answering by the same person.

helo sir,
kanniga dhanam should be performed only by the brothers of the girls father, in case father is not alive.since they belong to the same gothra.or cousin brothers of the father( sons of chithappa and periyappa in father's side)

Almost all of us are aware of the message written in post # 11.

Now a days, 'sAsthram' changes according to convenience!
சௌகரியத்துக்கு சாஸ்திரம்.

One of my cousin sister's son got married to a girl from Thailand. The girl's father was the ONLY person who attended

the wedding from the girl's side. So, the groom's maternal uncle adopted the girl and performed the 'kannikA dhAnam'.

We were making fun of him, for getting a well educated daughter in mid twenties, without spending any money on her,

right from her childhood!

:thumb: . . . :high5:

Dear Sri. Raju, Greetings.

I am a piece of chalk, should not be compared with a block of cheese!. Yes, it would be quite interesting to watch me cook. The best situation would be, my wife at work, my daughter at work or at uni or with her friends... I would have the kitchen just for myself, the huge TV would be quiet.. I would be holding a long conversation even a debate while cooking. Once I got caught conducting a debate between myself and Padma... She walked in, but I didn't hear her... She was quitely sitting in the lounge listening to my debate out of my sight ( I was sincere in representing myself and her too). I won the debate on behalf of her.. or in other words, Padma won the debate.. and real Padma walked in applauding... " I would not have raised so many points man! I was not even aware of some of the points!".... I didn't know where to hide!:eek:hwell:

Cheers!

Dear Raghy Sir,

We must appreciate our friend for his sincerity. He did not think of creating two different ids in this forum,

to exchange his own views and click 'like's for his own posts, in 'Anniyan' style!
:cool:

Regards ..... :)

it is a practice in thanjavur district that next brother and his wife can do this. In invitations also like that we can print. There is no confusion in our hindu iyer caste.

it is a practice in thanjavur district that next brother and his wife can do this. In invitations also like that we can print. There is no confusion in our hindu iyer caste.
It is a practice in most of the Tambram families. The problem lies here ...

ஒரு குடும்பத்தில் நான்கு சகோதரர்கள்,இரண்டு சகோதரிகள். இரு சகோதரிகள் மற்றும் மூத்த சகோதரர் திருமணம் ஆனவர்கள்.
Out of the four brothers, only the eldest brother is married and he lost his wife!

BTW, the thread starter seems to be happy with his own answer in post # 3. :D

Dear Raghy Sir,

We must appreciate our friend for his sincerity. He did not think of creating two different ids in this forum,

to exchange his own views and click 'like's for his own posts, in 'Anniyan' style!
:cool:

Regards ..... :)

It is not that easy to operate two accounts from the same computer. You should try that to see for yourself. But it is not impossible.......

That actually gives me an idea... may be I should create a 'Madi sanji' Id for myself too!.. I don't know.. Don't think Sri. Praveen would be too impressed though!

Cheers!

......... It is not that easy to operate two accounts from the same computer. You should try that to see for yourself. ......
'மாட்டவே' மாட்டேன் ராகி சார்! Pun intended!!

ஒரு id - க்கே மண்டை காயுது!!
:becky:

If his younger brother is not married, his cousins (by father blood relations can perform)

It is not that easy to operate two accounts from the same computer. You should try that to see for yourself. But it is not impossible.......
That actually gives me an idea... may be I should create a 'Madi sanji' Id for myself too!.. I don't know.. Don't think Sri. Praveen would be too impressed though!

Dear Raghy,

You must be a novice. There are ways of beating or bending the system. you can have a obliging brother or a sister handy, who can be encouraged to write by giving inputs or just by prompting. Blood is thicker than water and your brother/sister can "answer" your questions, add likes to your "bright" ideas, exclaim along with you, get offended along with you conveniently, turn very protective of you by taking up cudgels against any attacks, can itch for a fight with some one when you are tired and down etc., The prospects of joining together and smothering someone(irrespective of whether he is right or wrong) would be very tempting indeed. Think about it and ask your brother or sister to join the forum instead of taking a madi sanji id.

Cheers.

Last edited:

I wonder why Raghy Sir's posts to me are answered by other members! :typing:

OK... This is a public forum and members have the right to give free advice to anyone at anytime! :blabla:

Last edited:

I wonder why Raghy Sir's posts to me are answered by other members! :typing:

OK... This is a public forum and members have the right to give free advice to anyone at anytime! :blabla:

More the merrier! Let's have some fun!

Cheers!

Dear Raghy,

You must be a novice. There are ways of beating or bending the system. you can have a obliging brother or a sister handy, who can be encouraged to write by giving inputs or just by prompting. Blood is thicker than water and your brother/sister can "answer" your questions, add likes to your "bright" ideas, exclaim along with you, get offended along with you conveniently, turn very protective of you by taking up cudgels against any attacks, can itch for a fight with some one when you are tired and down etc., The prospects of joining together and smothering someone(irrespective of whether he is right or wrong) would be very tempting indeed. Think about it and ask your brother or sister to join the forum instead of taking a madi sanji id.

Cheers.

Sri. Raju, Greetings.

I would have hard time finding a 'brother' or 'sister' leave alone 'obliging'. It will be too much to expect anyone to like my 'bright' ideas ( often you do as a 'consolation', I suppose!). More and more I think about it, more and more I like the idea of a 'madi sanji' counterpart to Raghy. ( For example, my 'madi sanji' avtar on my break day will not look for JD; but chant Sahasra namam, Rudhram, recite Valmiki Ramayanam and talk about that in the forum... How would you like that? He would have 'akkara adisal' and listen to bhajans at 'Nice Songs!'... How would you like that kind of Madi Sanji ?)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back