• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pavamaana homam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello SS, Pavamana homa is done as papa parihara ie, astonishment of sins. 700 mantras of rig vedas are chanted ,known as pavamana mantras ,chanted during homa as ghee will be offered. welcome to homam.org you refer for your requirement .its also done and explained in many lord raghavendra temple as you get clarification of your doubts.

A famous learned scholar in one of his publications mentions that when we perform Ganapathi Homam we should not

club Navagraha Homam with it the same day. I am unable to understand as to what the reason and significance behind

his view. If anyone can enlighten me on this subject, it would clarify my mind. Many thanks in advance.

PC RAMABADRAN

Respected Mr.P.C Ramabadran

As far as I know there is no such rule that you cannot do Navagraha Homam and Ganapathy homam on the same day because when I booked for the same pooja i.e is Ganapathy Homam and Navagraha homam on the same day with the guidance of my brother, the priest did not mention anything like that. Moreover when we do any pooja we have to start of with Ganapathy Homam .This is what I came to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back