• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Doubt in changing ponel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am working in Gulf & I am performing sandhya vanthanam daily at least onetime mostly since from from my upanayanam by using the Liffco publications book( Smartha santhiyavantaham).
My doubt is, it's not clearly mention regarding what kind of manthras andrituals have to perform for changing the 'ponel' apart from avani avatam. WhatI am doing now is reading the mantras from 'yongopavith tharam' part andchanging the ' ponel' .
I'll be happy if someone would guide me. Thanks.
Sriram

Whatever given in the book is just enough to change Poonal. It is just done in 5/10 minutes. Keep 'panchapatra-uddharaNi' with water and new poonal 1, 2 or 3 sets of 3 strands. Do (1) Achamanam (2) Shuklambharatham.. (3) Prananayamnya, (4) Sankalpam, and ... Parabrahma Rushih (touching forehead), Thrushtub chandah (touching nose tip), paramaatma devta (touching the centre pit of chest).....and continue the mantra you have. Repeat only the mantra for the 2nd set and for the 3rd set. Do Achamanam. Then remove the old poonal with the mantra and keep it off to your northside before throwing it.

Adding to the reply above - to be more specific - after Paramatma devatha - Thrayividya devata yajnopaveetha dharaNe viniyogaha - Have the ponool bramha knot on the right palm between your thumb and forefinger, the palm must face the sky and the left hand should be closing the panchapaatra facing earth. Chant this mantra yagnopaveetham pavitram prajapater yat sahajam purasthaat ayushyam agryam pathimuncha subram yagyopavitham balamastu thejaha - Perform aachamanam - and say the following to remove the old ponool. Upaveetham pinnadhantum jeernam kachmala dhooshitham visrujaami jale brumha varcho dheergaayustume. old ponool should be thrown to the north side. Perform Aachamanam.
Hope this is useful.
Hari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back