• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can Upanayanam and Marriage be conducted during the same calendar year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to various reasons, the upanayanam of our son could not be conducted earlier. He is now 28 years old and likely to get married during Sept 2012. It is an arranged marriage. We intend to conduct the upanayanam sometime earlier to that on a suitable muhurtham. Is there any rule that the father should not perform brahmopadesam and receive kanyaadaanam during the same year. I would be glad if someone could throw some light on this.

First do upanayanam in june2012 and do marriage in sept.2012. father must do Brahmopadesam and your son is receiving kanyaadaanam.you can do in the same year.

As suggested by Mr Gopalan you may perform the Upanayanam in June 2012 and
the marriage in September,2012 . I have seen many boys having upanayanam and
marriage in the same year. You may not believe that one of my very close relations
son's Upanayanam was conducted the same day of his marriage by a
seasoned and well known Brihaspathi in Mumbai several years ago. The boy's
parents were very orthodox. I entirely agree with Mr. Gopalan.

PC RAMABADRAN

I have heard of this being done regularly in the states according to a friend who is a Sivachariar priest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back