• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nonbu - doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sir,

Brother of my paternal grand father (chinna thaatha) passed away last month. My parents are staying at my home town and I am staying at Bangalore.

We have a doubt in following nonbu rituals. My mom told she wont perform neivethiyam or puja for tomorrow's nonbu at our hometown and she is not sure if we have to follow the same as we are second generation for my thatha.

So could you please guide me, if my thatha's demise wont affect our rituals or not.

Also, someone says that we shouldnt put kolam for this whole year at bangalore and someone says its not like that. Please assist me on this too.
Regards
Regu

Hi Sir,

Brother of my paternal grand father (chinna thaatha) passed away last month. My parents are staying at my home town and I am staying at Bangalore.

We have a doubt in following nonbu rituals. My mom told she wont perform neivethiyam or puja for tomorrow's nonbu at our hometown and she is not sure if we have to follow the same as we are second generation for my thatha.

So could you please guide me, if my thatha's demise wont affect our rituals or not.

Also, someone says that we shouldnt put kolam for this whole year at bangalore and someone says its not like that. Please assist me on this too.
Regards
Regu

Dear Regu,

Only for the direct male children all the above rules are applicable. As per all others are concerned after 27 days no other rituals are applicable. This is as confirmed by different sastrigal and also as per Manu Sasthram. You may go ahead and celeberate everything inlcuding putting Kolam.

After receiving different versions and opinions from different people, this is what we follow in our family.

Venkat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back