• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What are customs to be carried out during the death of father?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Father has expired on 02/01/2012 and I don't know what are the customs to be carried out? Kindly guide me what else I want to do? Presently I am in Tiruchirapalli Tamilnadu. Whatever Vathiyar says I am doing but I don't know what is actual customs? Also I came to know from Vathiyar that if Masiyam can't be done every month then it can be done in every six month is it so? Kindly help and guide me which will benefit me and all those who don't know our customs. Thank you

S.Jayaram

Kindly note I am writing in the thread anthim karyams anthyesty in 4th page and also in the first page. It is a very big and it will continue.

Namaskaram gopalan sir. Thanks for the reply. I have done upto grakikeyam and tomorrow that is 30/1/2012 am to 27th day. Kindly reply what are the rest to be carried out upto one year. Whether masiyam to be done every month or six months once can be carried out? Please reply what is actual customs? I will try to do the best.
If the reply will be big then kindly let me know any book is available? We are Yajur vedham and the Gothram is Naithru Kasiyapam.

Sodhakumbam: From 12th day to 365th day except on masiyam and oona masiyam day daily sodhakumbam must be done. It is not possible now a days. So everymonth sodakumbam must be done in the previous day to masyam. Masyam must be done every month on death thithi day.

masyam should be done like sratham. In each sodhakumbam day one brahmin will take food and will take brass sombu( one litre capacity) filled with water as charity. for 12 months. upto varushaabdheekam.

details will be coming in the anthim karyam thread.

Namaskarams Gopalan Sir

Please reply for the following queries
1) Whether we can go to temple where there is no kodimaram? If no how long?
2) Whether we can go for marriages of our relation?
3) Whether I can put punal for my son?

Namaskarams Gopalan Sir

Please reply for the following queries
1) Whether we can go to temple where there is no kodimaram? If no how long?
2) Whether we can go for marriages of our relation?
3) Whether I can put punal for my son?
Sir, you may put poonal to your son. According to dharma sastras only after one year you may go to temple based on olden days life.style.

Now as per latest life style you can go to your relatives marriage and also to go to temples without kodimaram after 3 months.

Details of upanayanam and the requirements ; I will write shortly in rituals ceremonies and pooja s in a new thread. in this forum.

Thank ou once again Sri.Gopalan sir. Once again queries
Can we light up vilaku at our Pooja room and Naivaitheyam?
If any Book is there for niyams and customs if so kindly mention?
Whether tharpanam can be carried out in ammavasya?

There is book called Samkshepa Dharma Sastram. Since you are curious about the
procedure and methods, you can buy this book and have it as a reference. Sastrigals
will be able to guide you on other aspects.

It is available at : Heritage India Educational Trust, No.6 Sanskrit College Road,
Mylapore Chennai. You may get it in Trichy too. Get in touch with the Shop and know the details.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

You can lit kuthuvilakku daily and you can do pooja and prayer meditation and neivedhyam everyday.It is a regular practise to start amavasya tharpanam from lunar or solar eclipse day. You can start doing tharpanam on amavasya day from july month .

There is a booklet on Sadachaaram and also on the performance of Amavasya Tharpanam etc
in Giri Trading Company, Mylapore. It is a very useful hand book. You may like to have it for
your personal knowledge update.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back