• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam for both son and daughter in Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hari Om:
We have decided to perform brahmopadesam for both our older daughter and our son.

As has been discussed in other threads, I want it to be a true commitment to a spiritual path rather than a mechanical ritual to proclaim caste or a grand party. I do not expect them to do sandhyavandanam as even their grandfather doesn't do it, leave alone their father!

But I would like them to be spiritual minded as they grow up. They are currently regulars in Chinmaya Bala Vihar in the US. Both of them chant many sukthams, Vishnu sahasranamam, many chapters of Bhagavad geetha, etc. They both absorb all our puranas through books and TV (Upanishad Ganga is their favorite). If they continue that and practice some of what they learn there, I am happy for them.

I know girls are getting upanayanam done in Pune, Andhra, etc. The US Chinmaya mission centers also perform mass upanayanams for boys and girls.

However, for the sake of grandparents, I want to have a simple function in Chennai (just at home with close family only). I need a Sastrigal in Chennai who will support us and communicate the true meaning to the children as well.

Can somebody in this forum help, please?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back