• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anthima karya vidhi for unmarried sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

margam

Dear Sir,
My sister passed away two days ago. She was unmarried and I get different opinions from different people. I would appreciate knowing the right procedure for the Anthim karyams. We just completed the thaganam and sanjayanam, We collected the ashes for dipping in Kasi and Rameswaram.

I would be thankful if you could highlight the necessary rituals that needs to be done and should the pindam be joined with pitru pindams if not what procedure needs to be done.

Thanks

Regards
Chandrasekaran

Dear Sir,
My sister passed away two days ago. She was unmarried and I get different opinions from different people. I would appreciate knowing the right procedure for the Anthim karyams. We just completed the thaganam and sanjayanam, We collected the ashes for dipping in Kasi and Rameswaram.

I would be thankful if you could highlight the necessary rituals that needs to be done and should the pindam be joined with pitru pindams if not what procedure needs to be done.

Thanks

Regards
Chandrasekaran

The customs vary from region to region. There is no "sapiNDeekaraNam" for an unmarried woman according to our Shastras. May be you can perform a "grahayajnam" on a suitable date if you so wish; if your sister was staying separately, this can be done in that house.

There is no "sraaddham" also, but depending on your sentiments towards your sister, you may, if you so wish, perform a "samArAdhanai" each year on her "tithi" or, if she died in younger age, do a "sumangali poojai" on that day (invite one sumangali, give feast, clothes and other items to her.)

The immersion of the ashes should be done before the grahayajnam.

Dear sir what is the age of your sister . If your sister is more than 21 years of age , according to age karyams will change. Is it natural death or not? Narayana bali must be done. On 11th day some homam must be done. On thirteenth day subha sweekaaraam must be done. Nithya vidhi for ten days foe which i must know the age of the deceased.and the nature of death. Then only i can give you correct proceedure.

Dear Sir,
Thanks for the response. She was 52. She had a fire accident about 4 months ago but recovered from that. She was going for a routine dressing of wounds and everything was fine. She had a Massive Heart Attack the next day all of a sudden. The reason for death was Cardiac arrest which was mainly due to her hypertension and obesity. So I am not sure if Narayana Bali is required.

Thanks for the help

Regards
Chandrasekaran

Dear sir what is the age of your sister . If your sister is more than 21 years of age , according to age karyams will change. Is it natural death or not? Narayana bali must be done. On 11th day some homam must be done. On thirteenth day subha sweekaaraam must be done. Nithya vidhi for ten days foe which i must know the age of the deceased.and the nature of death. Then only i can give you correct proceedure.

Dear Sir,
I sent a reply this morning but not sure if it was received as there was a power cut and got restored just a hour ago. My sister was 52 and as regards to cause of death. It was Cardiac Respiratory Arrest. She had a fire accident about 4 months ago and was recovering well. She had gone for a routine wound dressing and the procedure went fine and she was ok after the procedure.The next day morning suddenly she complained chest pain and was taken to ICU where she was pronounced dead due to Cardiac respiratory arrest. She was already having Hypertension and was obese (with high risk of cardiac arrest) and doctors assigned the possible reason for cardiac arrest is history of hypertension and obesity

Thanks
Regards
Chandrasekaran

Dear Sir,
I forgot to add. My sister had been initiated on Srividya and had got a Vidya Dikshai and Sanyasa Dikshai about 2 years ago.

Thanks
Regards
Chandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back