• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kuzhi Tharpanam

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Suresh Kumar

My Periamma, fathers elder brothers wife aged 100 passed away at Chandigarh on 31.12.2012.
Her son predeceased her and the karma was done by her son-in-law.
She was cremated on 1st Jan 2013, and asthi was dissolved in Ganges Haridwar on 2nd January 2013 and the subham was performed on 3rd Jan 2013 according to some following in chandigarh.
Now My doubt is whether I should do Kuzhi Tharpanam on the 10th day. The Kartha is not going to perform anything on the 10th day.
The Kuzhi tharpanam is done on the 10th day by all dayadhi at the place where the karyam is being done. those who cannot undertake the journey are supposed to do it at their place after shave.
the purpose of Kuzhi tharpanam is this case does not arise as the subham has already been done.
I request the learned people in the forum to guide me.
B Suresh Kumar

You have to do kuzhi tharpanam in your place. Do your duty.
Dear gopalan sir,
I thank you for your reply.

As the tenth day happened to be today I contacted my satrigal who told me that once the subham is done I cant do Kuzhi tharpanam.
Not satisfied I even enquired at Ramthirtham(a place where the karyams are done from 1st day to 10 th day) where the sastrigal attached to ramathirtham said that if I do Kuzhi tharpanam I will have to complete the karma for the 11th and 12th day.
I decided to follow my sastrigal.
Thanks once again for your reply

Sri.gopalan Sir

Recently my cousin died in Coimbatore, we came to know about it only on the 7 th day after his death.
We are in US, and relatives told us that we can do Kuzui Tharpanam as and when we return to Chennai as doing such Kuzui Tharpanam in a foreign land is no consequence.

Kindly advice.

you cannot do as and when you reach madras. you have to do it on tenth day . If subham is over here on 13th day if you do kuzi tharpanam after this subham you have to do 11th and 12 th day karmas. so you are having on line sastrigals/ purohit there . with their help you may do there itself.

you cannot do as and when you reach madras. you have to do it on tenth day . If subham is over here on 13th day if you do kuzi tharpanam after this subham you have to do 11th and 12 th day karmas. so you are having on line sastrigals/ purohit there . with their help you may do there itself.

Thank you Sri kgopalan Sir for your kind clarification and advice.

it is not necessary that after doing ten day kuzi tarpanm they will do 11 12 13 day work. if they will come to india after ten day they must perform kuzi tarpanam. and if they heard news of death of pangali after 10 day and they are out of india then also whenever they return to india they must perform kuzi tarpanam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back