• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Snanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ganesh_bhakta

Dear all,

Namaste,

Could someone please tell me how to perform snanam properly? Is there a sankalpam? What other mantras or karmas should be performed to do snanam correctly? What about the pithru tharpanam I have read about after the snanam is done (My father is still alive, so I do not know if this is applicable to me)? Please provide transliterated Sanskrit for mantras. I greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thank you,

Justin

Dear Justin,

I think till you have your upanayanam, you can not follow the brahmin way of living. Hope other members will guide you.

'snAnam' means a bath. Usually the TB brahmins have a head bath every day.

'TarpaNam' is performed only by those who have lost their father, on some special days.

dear ganesh _bhakta!
well come to this forum .
i could not make out any thing about you from your profile aswell as name .you call yourself as ganesh bahkta and signed as justin .one more anniyan to this forum ?
at least you can give your present place.
snanam with mantras will be done while taking bath in holy rivers. some elderly people are having the habit of reciting some stothras while taking bath just like some bathroom singers.
guruvayurappan

guruvayurappan,

Namaste,

I do apologize. I have updated my profile. I tried to post a more detailed history of my journey on my introduction thread, but for some reason it never got posted.

I do not know what an 'anniyan' is, but I am not a troll or a spammer. I am a sincere follower of Hinduism. I have been for 9 years.

Kind Regards,

-Justin

Dear Guru Sir,

Please do not jump into any conclusion before knowing about a member. There is a way to know about a newbie.

You may 'left click' on the member's name, click again to view 'the forum posts' and know his / her introduction.

Here is what Justin has posted earlier ..... for your easy reference.

Namaste all,

I don't know how many of you remember me, but I used to post on these forums under the screen name of 'il_guy'.

I am the American who has adopted Sanathana Dharma as his chosen way of life. I always have questions, and this

was always one of the best places for me to get answers. I pray that it is still the same way. On a side note, I am

getting my Upanayanam sometime early next year. I have had to put it off until now because of personal issues.​

If anyone remembers me, please say "hello", and if you never knew me in the past, I would be more than happy to talk to you!

Thank you for reading this.

Kind Regards,

Justin Lundeen (ganesh_bhakta, a.k.a. il_guy)​
Ref: The thread Namaste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back