• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

60th Wedding & passing of a family member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I would like to inquire:

My mother-in-law's brothers (2 of them) passed away last month, both within days of the other. As they are both my husband's thai maman, i'm not sure whether if we are impacted in any way. My in-laws did the rituals as told. As my father-in-law turns 60 this November, they are planning on doing an Aravutham Kalyanam in a temple in India. I am not too sure of how the actual rituals are, but since young, when a blood related family member passes, we do not have any celebrations for the year. Please advise if it is ok to have the Aravutham Kalyanam done as they were advised by an astrologer in Singapore that they could go ahead.

Thank you all very much in advance!

Sham

As far as i am aware of this can be done because the Gothra is different. But there is a saying that for any relation whose death has not resulted in Theetu, visiting temples with kodi maram needs to be avoided for a month.

Plan accordingly. Consult family elders too..

Thanks,
Ram Ram !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back