• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Remedies for what you did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

How many of you trusted that we have remedies for all what we had done...and which is settle down by mythically....

Dear Shri folksco,

I feel your post is incomplete and stops sbruptly after the word "mythically....". Presuming that it means 'mystically', I would like to record that according to me you cannot set right ('settle down' in your own post) any of your actions. That is clear from the Bhagavadgita verse कर्मण्यॆवाऽधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन (karmaṇyevā:'dhikāraste mā phaleṣu kadācana).

Dear Shri folksco,

I feel your post is incomplete and stops sbruptly after the word "mythically....". Presuming that it means 'mystically', I would like to record that according to me you cannot set right ('settle down' in your own post) any of your actions. That is clear from the Bhagavadgita verse कर्मण्यॆवाऽधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन (karmaṇyevā:'dhikāraste mā phaleṣu kadācana).

Dear Sangom,

Thanks for your reply...actually what I want to ask is if we did homam and poojas means we can able to postponed our current problems(karma) to our next birth...basically I am from other religion so if any of my words hurts you means I just apologies for that.

Dear Sangom,

Thanks for your reply...actually what I want to ask is if we did homam and poojas means we can able to postponed our current problems(karma) to our next birth...basically I am from other religion so if any of my words hurts you means I just apologies for that.

Homams, poojas, parihaarams, etc., may at best give some amount of mental satisfaction to the person who conducts (i.e., spends for conducting) those; this in turn will enable that person to face the current problem with a bit more confidence, and, may be in some cases, find a suitable solution to overcome that problem. But I do not think we can change the Karmic schedules and opt for post-poning our troubles to the next birth and so on. The lives of some of the great gurus (even Ramana Maharshi for that matter) can be cited as example.

Mr. folksco,
You said you do not belong to Hindu religion.
Mr. Sangom Sir our senior resident expert has given you the Hindu Answer.
I would like to know your angle, and little more information of your query.

homam and poojas if done as prayaschita karma will definitely minimize the effect of bad karma of the past, sometimes even nullify the bad karma.. no doubt about it

ramana maharishi level was different. he is not disturbed by negative or positive karma .

May be for sanyasins nad for realised souls, this may apply. But for the rest, who are still entrapped in the three asramas, the palliative actions - homam, prayaschittams are valid. Even rishis did homams, yajnas and rituals for the benefit of the king, society and in some cases for their own benefit.

I am sure enough references can be pulled out from the writings of the three acharyas - sankara, ramanuja and madva.

Homams, poojas, parihaarams, etc., may at best give some amount of mental satisfaction to the person who conducts (i.e., spends for conducting) those; this in turn will enable that person to face the current problem with a bit more confidence, and, may be in some cases, find a suitable solution to overcome that problem. But I do not think we can change the Karmic schedules and opt for post-poning our troubles to the next birth and so on. The lives of some of the great gurus (even Ramana Maharshi for that matter) can be cited as example.

Homam and PrayachithTharthams really has its positive impacts to relieve us from our wrong doing (karma) knowingly and or unknowingly.

BUT, just doing all the rituals can not really serve the purpose unless the person perfroming it, could truly mean what he/she is doing with all belief and devotion and could honestly and persistly try his/her best to be righteous. A honest sense of penance deep within the heart and indulging in day to day afairs of the pragmatic life with good thoughts and deeds should be in real practice aprt from doing Homams and PrayachithThaartham.

A secular legal system can be used to fool around others and onself BUT a spiritual system/concepts can never be used in the same manner as per one's whims and fancy, fooling others and onself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back